9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dark :tints: really suck. I learned that lesson young. I don't think I'd do anything darker than 50% anymore. I haven't paid to have anything tinted in ages, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I’m still a tint bro. No darker than 28-30% :doe:

The 5% / limo bs is :fullretard: IMO.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

15% all around here. :aintcare:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

30 is the magic number for me. Dims headlights behind me just enough, but I can still see to reverse and whatnot.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I love how 5% :tints: look on the outside, but yeah, having it on the :gti: was a pain in the ass. I'll go much lighter like 35% on the :jeep:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Ugh, sounds like there's a good chance I'll fuck up my rear defroster when removing this? Might be worth paying someone else to be liable for it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 pm Ugh, sounds like there's a good chance I'll fuck up my rear defroster when removing this? Might be worth paying someone else to be liable for it.
they wont. you are :doomed:
brain go brrrrrr
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

So wait did this car replace anything or was it just an addition to the stable? Either way looks nice
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 pm Ok, these :tints: need to go ASAP. Can't see shit at night, I almost backed into a parked car. What's the best way to remove these things?
Those are pretty dark.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 pm Ugh, sounds like there's a good chance I'll fuck up my rear defroster when removing this? Might be worth paying someone else to be liable for it.
they wont. you are :doomed:
I had tint removed and redone on my rear glass on my first car. The installer stressed that the defroster may be damaged. I'm pretty sure I had to sign or somehow accept that risk. Overall they did a good job removing and redoing but like every third defroster line no longer worked. I still rather deal with that than the terrible tint at the top of the dot matrix I had. For what its worth other than in snow storms I don't find myself using the rear defrost all that often
troyguitar

dtraill27 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 pm So wait did this car replace anything or was it just an addition to the stable? Either way looks nice
Technically an addition, but MR2 and Vibe will both be sold soon-ish. I'm in no hurry to off them at fire-sale prices like I normally end up doing. Dat cheap car lyfe.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 pm So wait did this car replace anything or was it just an addition to the stable? Either way looks nice
Technically an addition, but MR2 and Vibe will both be sold soon-ish. I'm in no hurry to off them at fire-sale prices like I normally end up doing. Dat cheap car lyfe.
hes waiting for the trump tax cuts to hit so :fax: can afford the mrtroy
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Oh, I'm actually only on 3 of the original 2010 140tw Bridgestone RE050A's as it turns out... the right rear is a 400tw all season Goodyear Eagle GT from 2012. :plaid:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:Oh, I'm actually only on 3 of the original 2010 140tw Bridgestone RE050A's as it turns out... the right rear is a 400tw all season Goodyear Eagle GT from 2012. :plaid:
Perfect nascar setup. Need that rear right to kick out for all those left turns.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Nice :plac: , that ultra balanced motor sounds 5/7 to spin up :wub:

Not liking those :tints: at all, in the pics you can't see through them at all, even with doors open :gag:

Although i like the comfort and privacy of 30s, I'd probably go now lower than 50 or 60% on my current cars.

Hope this thing treats you well and looking forward to seeing how ir performs in autox
troyguitar

Didn't touch the :tints: yet but I did get the koni sports on with my crackpot "custom" bump stops, drilled a second set of holes in the front sway bar, and got the front stoptech pads installed before it got back under freezing here.

I know why the brakes seemed weak, one of the sliders on the right front was completely seized. I still need to do the rears and flush/bleed the whole system, but that was probably the main issue.

Dunno when I'll actually drive it to test stuff, we've got freezing rain right now and it's turning to snow soon.
Apex

I forgot you already ordered a bunch of parts for the RX8 before you bought it. :fuckyeah:

Why'd you drill a second set of holes in the front sway? Is that street/stock class eligible?

In4review when you hit the parking lots this season!
troyguitar

You can change one sway bar, so I figured I'd try this before buying a bigger one. Some people say that the stock 27mm bar is enough, some get 28.5mm aftermarket NC bars, and a few nuts run the monster 32mm one.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm You can change one sway bar, so I figured I'd try this before buying a bigger one. Some people say that the stock 27mm bar is enough, some get 28.5mm aftermarket NC bars, and a few nuts run the monster 32mm one.
:word: Sounds like a good way to test out a stiffer front bar without buying one first.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I'd still take it off.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I would pay to have that done.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:03 pm
I would pay to have that done.
I think I would too.

But I wouldn't...then fuck up the rear window and an afternoon job would turn into a $1,000 window replacement.

Pay someone.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:29 pm Didn't touch the :tints: yet but I did get the koni sports on with my crackpot "custom" bump stops, drilled a second set of holes in the front sway bar, and got the front stoptech pads installed before it got back under freezing here.

I know why the brakes seemed weak, one of the sliders on the right front was completely seized. I still need to do the rears and flush/bleed the whole system, but that was probably the main issue.

Dunno when I'll actually drive it to test stuff, we've got freezing rain right now and it's turning to snow soon.
Seized brakes at 34k miles. :wtf: isn't it a florida car too ?

My crown vic calipers were the only ones that ever malfunctioned, and it was a rear left after 380k miles.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

has it blown up yet?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:52 pm has it blown up yet?
A misfire and a seized caliper... :iono: