Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 pm So, I washed the Bimmer and the GS Sunday morning, parked the Bimmer in the garage, and in an act of pure negligence when putting away a stepstool, put a 3/4 inch scratch on the driver side rear door, here it is.
:derp: :disgust: :triggered: :facepalm: :rolleyes: :rage:

Worst flat light for a potato pic ever, but there she is. Down to the primer. I buffed off the edges with the D/A and ordered a touch up pen. Any advice from the experts on prep/paint finish to minimize this horrific event? Or should I just kill myself or send it back to Germany for a full respray?
Flip flops with jeans? :wtf:

That said, try out the pen, there is not much you can do since you scratched it that deep. I'd honestly think the woman won't even notice.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Oh you already owned up scratching the Tiger II. What did she say?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:45 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 pm So, I washed the Bimmer and the GS Sunday morning, parked the Bimmer in the garage, and in an act of pure negligence when putting away a stepstool, put a 3/4 inch scratch on the driver side rear door, here it is.
:derp: :disgust: :triggered: :facepalm: :rolleyes: :rage:

Worst flat light for a potato pic ever, but there she is. Down to the primer. I buffed off the edges with the D/A and ordered a touch up pen. Any advice from the experts on prep/paint finish to minimize this horrific event? Or should I just kill myself or send it back to Germany for a full respray?

That said, try out the pen, there is not much you can do since you scratched it that deep. I'd honestly think the woman won't even notice.
Unless I have to be in court or meet a client I flip flop all the things bruh. Closed toe shoes and socks can suck it when its 108+ for months on end.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:47 pm Oh you already owned up scratching the Tiger II. What did she say?
She knows I'm more irritated about it than she is. I keep her cars looking pretty tight so I've got some chips on the table to make a few errors.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:54 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Unless I have to be in court or meet a client I flip flop all the things bruh. Closed toe shoes and socks can suck it when its 108+ for months on end.
How do you keep from burning your feet? They look way too pale for living in the desert. You should be half injun by now.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:54 pm

How do you keep from burning your feet? They look way too pale for living in the desert. You should be half injun by now.
My relationship with the sun ended about 6 years ago, when I got literally blistered on a section of skin I had failed to sunblock whilst in Puerto Vallarta. I am pasty af, I'll pass on the skin cancer.
I pretty much stay inside or under cover, not much different than being in Duluth in the winter.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:impressive: Scratch repair inquiry becomes footwear selection and skin tone discussion.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:07 pm :impressive: Scratch repair inquiry becomes footwear selection and skin tone discussion.
:word:

I obviously spend a lot of time standing outside in the sun on asphalt, so I need all of the desert living tips. I'm thinking about switching over to pants and long sleeves at some point if I can find anything light enough. I do my best to not get tanned.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:10 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:07 pm :impressive: Scratch repair inquiry becomes footwear selection and skin tone discussion.

I obviously spend a lot of time standing outside in the sun on asphalt, so I need all of the desert living tips. I'm thinking about switching over to pants and long sleeves at some point if I can find anything light enough. I do my best to not get tanned.
Just keep some of that 100spf spray for your arms and wear a hat. Do you wear regular tennis shoes or do have waxer :stig: shoes for Auto-X?
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Just keep some of that 100spf spray for your arms and wear a hat. Do you wear regular tennis shoes or do have waxer :stig: shoes for Auto-X?
That's what I do, I rock the standard floppy "autocrosser" hat and carry a bottle of the 50+ spray sunscreen all day. I wear my normal running shoes that I wear almost every day, but they're at the end of their lifespan and I'm considering getting a dedicated pair of something more :stig: oriented next. Either way, all closed toe + socks all day every day for me. I'm uncomfortable walking without socks+shoes on. Those thong sandals you wear are :disgust: and result in torn up feet if I wear those things. :gaydance:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 pm

That's what I do, I rock the standard floppy "autocrosser" hat and carry a bottle of the 50+ spray sunscreen all day. I wear my normal running shoes that I wear almost every day, but they're at the end of their lifespan and I'm considering getting a dedicated pair of something more :stig: oriented next. Either way, all closed toe + socks all day every day for me. I'm uncomfortable walking without socks+shoes on. Those thong sandals you wear are :disgust: and result in torn up feet if I wear those things. :gaydance:
My standard issue flip flop are Quicksilvers, they have decent arch support and are much better constructed than the $4 flat bottom plastic thong things you get at Kmart.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

We strive to impress here.......
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:52 pm
Right? There was exactly ONE marginally on point comment.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Send it back to Germany for a respray, you'll never blend that tri-coat. Or, just order a new juan.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:15 pm

That my friends is progress.....not much but why push it!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:15 pm

:dat: DFD :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Wait, I thought :mahtroy: was black? :mindblown:
troyguitar

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:50 pm

:disgust:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolgasm: :nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:13 pm

:disgust:
:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Update:

Lots of changed oil.

Had the factory change kit for the BMW ($72.00 for 7 quarts of 0W-20 "BMW" oil and filter" The car is at 5100 miles, and has two warranty issues.

1. A couple of times, when cold, you put the car in reverse, step on the brake and it kicks to neutral.
2. Fake warranty issue:

See the two vent control showing three areas you can set it to, low (feet) medium and high vents? On the passenger side it only lights up as showing two possible settings. This triggered the gf. Warranty tech says nah, only two settings available on right despite flagrant promises of the button.

While there I had them change the oil because it will show on the carfux. Labor for BMW oil change? 50 bucks.

Changed Brahoe oil, took 20 minutes, 5K interval, took in for tire rotation at same time, tires are shot, got 45K out of Toyo ATII's which look good and are quiet as well. Will get another set, all in for tires, tax, mount and balance, and free rotation and road hazard, $891. I could save like $50 with online and paying for all that, but it's a local shop, same manager for the last 12 years, always takes care of me, they can have their money.

Corvette oil change was a mess, put a quart of dirty oil on the garage floor, fuck it I'm buying one of those Quickjacks within the year. Need it to access my remote clutch bleeder without cursing. Put in the bitchin blue Dimple plugs. Sounds like a Christmas present from Santa, to Dad. Low car needs 4 wheel lift. Oil changes complete for the duration of 2017.

CSB.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 pm Update:

See the two vent control showing three areas you can set it to, low (feet) medium and high vents? On the passenger side it only lights up as showing two possible settings. This triggered the gf. Warranty tech says nah, only two settings available on right despite flagrant promises of the button.
My m235i was the same and it drove me nuts for 2 commutes until I called the dealer. Then I was just :aintcare: and started thinking about dumping the lease early.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 pm Update:

My m235i was the same and it drove me nuts for 2 commutes until I called the dealer. Then I was just :aintcare: and started thinking about dumping the lease early.
What kind of fuckery is that? It's worse than blanking a button out. Showing it's there, yet not allowing you to select it...... :gaydance:

But seriously it does this?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:35 pm

What kind of fuckery is that? It's worse than blanking a button out. Showing it's there, yet not allowing you to select it...... :gaydance:

YAS.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm

YAS.
Very odd.