Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:41 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:33 pm

But seriously ... ugly? :whocares: that thing needs to be reliable, safeish and cheap. Looks are not part of the equation, besides it is no uglier than any other sedan in your budget category.
I know Max. Nobody gives a fuck but me. :(
I believe that to be false. You came and asked the question.

What car do I get my daughter?

You then selfishly decided to get yourself a 3rd vehicle instead one that would work for your own crotchfruit. And went from Placenta to Detroit in your search for an automotive chubby.

Subsequently, you decided to wise up and take some of our collective advice yet still kicking and screaming about the styling of a vehicle that requires none. It isn't for YOU pal. If it is then we'll have a separate discussion.

So to help us along further what is the purpose of this search? Satisfying your own cravings for a fairly cheap performance oriented vehicle or ensure the safe and reliable transport of your spawn?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Breh went to Detroit for a new car? Was this documented somewhere?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm Breh went to Detroit for a new car? Was this documented somewhere?
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:26 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... de1=CLK430

Right there in Detroit. Pristine.
From the other thread. Since you helped me with the whole TIL bidness.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm Breh went to Detroit for a new car? Was this documented somewhere?
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:26 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... de1=CLK430

Right there in Detroit. Pristine.
From the other thread. Since you helped me with the whole TIL bidness.
Oh, I thought he actually went and bought a car.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:41 pm

I know Max. Nobody gives a fuck but me. :(
See interlineations

I believe that to be false. You came and asked the question.

I'm not implying that anyone here has not offered thoughtful opinions, for which I am grateful, per the usual. I'm implying that when I go out to pick up the paper in the morning, nobody in the desert cares what car is sitting next to said paper except me. I just need to get over it.

What car do I get my daughter?

You then selfishly decided to get yourself a 3rd vehicle instead one that would work for your own crotchfruit. And went from Placenta to Detroit in your search for an automotive chubby.

:dat:

Subsequently, you decided to wise up and take some of our collective advice yet still kicking and screaming about the styling of a vehicle that requires none. It isn't for YOU pal. If it is then we'll have a separate discussion.

:dat:

So to help us along further what is the purpose of this search? Satisfying your own cravings for a fairly cheap performance oriented vehicle or ensure the safe and reliable transport of your spawn?
Both?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I fucked that up^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No I'm just whining about being practical.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fuck if I was single and childless I'd just go buy another car and that would be that. Where have all the good times gone?
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:10 pm
Gotcha. Buy Max' 400k Crown Vic for her?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Latest model TSX under $11k in the color she likes best. That's where I would lean personally.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:10 pm

Gotcha. Buy Max' 400k Crown Vic for her?
I'm not up for soldering instrument clusters but in truth those things are large bumper cars dats why the Police love them. I would have loved to have my parents buy me a Crown Vic when I was 16.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:Fuck if I was single and childless I'd just go buy another car and that would be that. Where have all the good times gone?
Maybe off the Freightliner for something more fun to drive?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 pm Latest model TSX under $11k in the color she likes best. That's where I would lean personally.
Yeah that was my first choice. $11K is kind of spendy. I'm more $7K-$8K. I will have to do some looking to get a well kept TSX in that price range.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm Fuck if I was single and childless I'd just go buy another car and that would be that. Where have all the good times gone?
Why do you want another car? I don't get it... I think you haven't spent enough time actually wrenching on old and in particular german vehicles. Having worked on cars continuously for the last 15 years let me tell you that shit is not fun. Anything over a decade old is usually USED UP beyond belief. Little shit that takes a shit ton of time to fix simply isn't worth the effort (See climate control lights for some of my buttons in the CV).
Yet it :triggered: sthe OCD in us all. It is shit!

And taking it to your local "bmw" bro is going to get old and get the Mrs #2 and Ms#3 into a fit.

For your daughter it makes sense to get an appliance, I for one perhaps am different from you in my reasoning, but I would take great pride in knowing that her car would start every day and I wouldn't have to explain what it takes to replace a vanos actuator to someone who could give a rats ass about anything but instagram likes and fit teas. Kind of how I treated the crown vic for my dad.

It was fun while it lasted and 200k miles was a neat challenge but after random shit started failing that whole thing took a dump for the worse.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm Fuck if I was single and childless I'd just go buy another car and that would be that. Where have all the good times gone?
Why do you want another car? I don't get it... I think you haven't spent enough time actually wrenching on old and in particular german vehicles. Having worked on cars continuously for the last 15 years let me tell you that shit is not fun. Anything over a decade old is usually USED UP beyond belief. Little shit that takes a shit ton of time to fix simply isn't worth the effort (See climate control lights for some of my buttons in the CV).

And taking it to your local "bmw" bro is going to get old and get the Mrs #2 and Ms#3 into a fit.

For your daughter it makes sense to get an appliance, I for one perhaps am different from you in my reasoning, but I would take great pride in knowing that her car would start every day and I wouldn't have to explain what it takes to replace a vanos actuator to someone who could give a rats ass about anything but instagram likes and fit teas. Kind of how I treated the crown vic for my dad.

It was fun while it lasted and 200k miles was a neat challenge but after random shit started failing that whole thing took a dump for the worse.
All :dat: I've just been a malcontent lately. Things must be going too well. Still man. That Bimmer you sent had EVERYTHING DONE. EVERYTHING. And that Benzo had 35 thousand miles. 35 THOUSAND! (McQueen Voice). How bad could it be.

She just started drivers ed today. She can just drive the Brahhoe occasionally. No reason for my behavior. No real reason to get her a car period. Fine. Back on my gerbil wheel bruh.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote:Fuck if I was single and childless I'd just go buy another car and that would be that. Where have all the good times gone?
Maybe off the Freightliner for something more fun to drive?
Until our dogs die off the truk stays. Literally nothing goes wrong with it. Amazing vehicle. Sucks a little gas but no worse mileage that Troy's Doritomobile.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 pm

All :dat: I've just been a malcontent lately. Things must be going too well. Still man. That Bimmer you sent had EVERYTHING DONE. EVERYTHING. And that Benzo had 35 thousand miles. 35 THOUSAND! (McQueen Voice). How bad could it be.

She just started drivers ed today. She can just drive the Brahhoe occasionally. No reason for my behavior. No real reason to get her a car period. Fine. Back on my gerbil wheel bruh.
I for one find your lack of updates on the GS the 340i etc quite disappointing and surprising, so I don't know.. I feel like your :plac: things are misplaced the Older euro car you mentioned is FAR inferior to the vehicles you already have in your gayrage. I think you need to search for some inspiration within your own garage and share with us.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 pm

I for one find your lack of updates on the GS the 340i etc quite disappointing and surprising, so I don't know.. I feel like your :plac: things are misplaced the Older euro car you mentioned is FAR inferior to the vehicles you already have in your gayrage. I think you need to search for some inspiration within your own garage and share with us.
I just wash the 440i. I might fit some bigger tarz and ramz from a 5 series when the current ones wear out but that'll be awhile. Not really messing with the gf's car. The brub machine I drove to work today. The weather is fine, it runs strong, and operates as a 23K mile car should. I enjoy it. Drove it down Palm Canyon last evening in the heart of the tourist season and receive 4 separate mullet bro thumbs up from passerbys. What I should really do is take it on a weeklong road trip but that's not in the cards as of late.

As I said, things must be going too well.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:34 pm

I just wash the 440i. I might fit some bigger tarz and ramz from a 5 series when the current ones wear out but that'll be awhile. Not really messing with the gf's car. The brub machine I drove to work today. The weather is fine, it runs strong, and operates as a 23K mile car should. I enjoy it. Drove it down Palm Canyon last evening in the heart of the tourist season and receive 4 separate mullet bro thumbs up from passerbys. What I should really do is take it on a weeklong road trip but that's not in the cards as of late.

Do you have an itch to drive the 440i? I mean I constantly drove all of the womenz cars as they would take the passenger seat even in their own vehicles.

Any more updates on the GS? Any urge to trackday bro? Explore the limits of the car or is it just a hooters cruiser? pics in cool locations would be interesting too. Maybe it's me... but I was always super curious about both of those cars and kept asking for updates ... etc.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Do you have an itch to drive the 440i? I mean I constantly drove all of the womenz cars as they would take the passenger seat even in their own vehicles.

Any more updates on the GS? Any urge to trackday bro? Explore the limits of the car or is it just a hooters cruiser? pics in cool locations would be interesting too. Maybe it's me... but I was always super curious about both of those cars and kept asking for updates ... etc.
I drove the 440i to Paso Robles and back. It is a highway weapon. 2 lane passing @ 60 mph always led to a terminal speed of over 105 mph pulling back into the right lane. If it was my car I would throw the BMW sound and power package on it and look into some suspension and wheel mods. As you indicated at great length, about the 335i, it's a nice car, it's got enough power, but razor sharp handling? Nah. Things will improve a bit when the original tarz wear out, they are summer tires but they are these Goodyear european touring tires and they suck.

TBH, it's hard to drive the GS anywhere NEAR its limits without looking like a total asshat/candidate for arrest. Like I said, I need to take some personal time off, the gf is not into the high g thing. With Michelin PSS it's a 1 g car, and YES, I need to take some fucking driving lessons. I'm not sure what the best way to go there is. Also I should put a ZR1 sway on the front. That's supposed to be an easy job.

The GS is simply NOT STEALTHY to drive around town. Even with the exhaust set to "NO BRO" the flaps open at 3500 rpm and there you are, a nearly 50 year old man announcing yourself to everyone. It's a highway/track car and I haven't had the time on the weekends.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 pm Do you have an itch to drive the 440i? I mean I constantly drove all of the womenz cars as they would take the passenger seat even in their own vehicles.

I drove the 440i to Paso Robles and back. It is a highway weapon. 2 lane passing @ 60 mph always led to a terminal speed of over 105 mph pulling back into the right lane. If it was my car I would throw the BMW sound and power package on it and look into some suspension and wheel mods. As you indicated at great length, about the 335i, it's a nice car, it's got enough power, but razor sharp handling? Nah. Things will improve a bit when the original tarz wear out, they are summer tires but they are these Goodyear european touring tires and they suck.

TBH, it's hard to drive the GS anywhere NEAR its limits without looking like a total asshat/candidate for arrest. Like I said, I need to take some personal time off, the gf is not into the high g thing. With Michelin PSS it's a 1 g car, and YES, I need to take some fucking driving lessons. I'm not sure what the best way to go there is. Also I should put a ZR1 sway on the front. That's supposed to be an easy job.

The GS is simply NOT STEALTHY to drive around town. Even with the exhaust set to "NO BRO" the flaps open at 3500 rpm and there you are, a nearly 50 year old man announcing yourself to everyone. It's a highway/track car and I haven't had the time on the weekends.
:jimp:
That GS sounds 5/7
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:17 pm Maybe off the Freightliner for something more fun to drive?
Until our dogs die off the truk stays. Literally nothing goes wrong with it. Amazing vehicle. Sucks a little gas but no worse mileage that Troy's Doritomobile.
Forgot about the :doge: , yeah keep that bad boy!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

:jimp:
That GS sounds 5/7
For a DD its a little much but you know all about that.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:25 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Yea makes sense. Would be nice to see some pics once a while. Good update is good. No issues with anything ?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I have not had a single mechanical issue with the Corvette, Tahoe or BMW for 12 months. Which makes sense two are practically new. Should hustle the GS up to the central coast for a few pics on the PCH.