Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:39 pm In Newport Beach getting the windows tinted on my BMW. Hard to imagine being a bigger douchebag
Need custom plates: SAURON.
Not so fast...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:39 pm In Newport Beach getting the windows tinted on my BMW. Hard to imagine being a bigger douchebag
Need custom plates: SAURON.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I don't think there is any question Chris dynos Gandalf at 400 plus...I'll be up against it for awhile as 10 grand for the supe, radiator and clutch ain't happening right now. Waxer is the real Sauron, I believe he has the bigest dick swinger hp numbers on the forum yes?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Typical top end stuff........douche it is. Join me in Mallorca and revel in the moment!
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 2:44 pm So, the C-Quartz job on the BMW looks great, and wow, so easy to wash. I am moving to the C6, the only vehicle I own that has not been ceramic coated. Before I do that I/simultaneously I need to fix a couple of body flaws, the first being the replacement of the black splitter which I scuffed up pretty bad on a couple of curbs before I learned how far "my front sticks out." Goddam. The part is $220, which is fine enough, but the shipping is $120? I repeat, Goddam. The other thing I have going, and the car was delivered this way, is that the passenger bumper is a little "popped up" where it meets the headlight. Not sure what the fix is have not investigated. Will supplement with pics. CSB.
Dang ... No "wax" and a fucked up front splitter from pulling over curbs?
CorvetteLifestyle card revoked.
Nein! The woman did it. He gets the gold chain upgrade as that one is on her plus, he will fix the eff'd up paint and add new spoiler, all ensuring douche BMW owning Corvette driver status is doubled. Thats a free steak in the "Wells' mang :)
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Davestr wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:10 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Dang ... No "wax" and a fucked up front splitter from pulling over curbs?
CorvetteLifestyle card revoked.
Nein! The woman did it. He gets the gold chain upgrade as that one is on her plus, he will fix the eff'd up paint and add new spoiler, all ensuring douche BMW owning Corvette driver status is doubled. Thats a free steak in the "Wells' mang :)
:lolol:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Any BMW updates in here?
Did you figure out the stereo?
Did you actually drive the car a bit to figure out the handling limits?

Womenz like it or nah?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:33 pm Any BMW updates in here?
Did you figure out the stereo?
Did you actually drive the car a bit to figure out the handling limits?
Womenz like it or nah?
Drove the BMW to the coast last weekend for :tints: Went 30% all around, got the spendiest heat rejection I could buy You're supposed to have 50% or more up front, but in the desert you are not hassled for tint. I like to have the same % in all windows.

Stereo was, as you suggested, just a bluetooth input issue. Now Rockin like Don Dokken.

I have not caused the vehicle to lose tire grip. :disappoint:

YAS, my woman loves this car. The handling and overall (fake)sportiness is superior to anything she has ever driven, which are, in order, MB CLS550, MB E320, Acura Legend, Olds Bravada. She drives like a bit of an asshat in it, which is amusing for sure. In terms of an extra vehicle for me, the car is perfect.

1. Woman happy, as noted.
2. Big enough to haul stuff, rear hatch back is mad useful.
3. Nice place to spend time.
4. Engine has enough balls to make every drive smile worthy.
5. Suspension is firm enough for me, but not objectionable to the woman, so :notbad: body roll is pretty limited, it's a nice driving car that didn't break the bank, in part due to paintgate.
6. Decent exhaust note if your keep the left muffler flap open. When the car starts up it actually sounds pretty mean, and this may be an advance over the 335i, dunno.

IF IT WERE MY CAR:

1. I would have rolled the Sound and Power package into the purchase price, the "regular" exhaust is not too bad but I'm a mulletbro at heart and would want full mulletsound.
2. I would have at least tested the M calipers before deciding to forego them. The brakes on this car are fine, but they should be exceptional and they are not. I am spoiled from the GS doe.
3. A one inch drop or so, beefier sway bars and a square 255 or 255 front 275 rear with :ramz: :ohmy: would be in my future.

However, it's not my car, and I'm not doing any of that shit. Borrowing my woman's car doesn't suck, and that's about as good as it gets unless you're dating Danica Patrick, which would be epic on about 800 levels.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

1. Yep, but even with the fucktory updates it still sounds meh, mine sounds good at startup also then quiets down. (the flap is open then)
2. Yep, same issue with mine. "issue" It isn't a caliper issue. It is padz. If brake dust is ok with you, M performance Pads and you're good to go.
3. Yea... 255s is what is needed at the very least in the front... the 225s are a joke as I beat that topic to death. Not sure about drop. The bumpers are too low as is on this thing.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:42 am Waxer is the real Sauron, I believe he has the bigest dick swinger hp numbers on the forum yes?
For like two runs before it overheats, then my Abarf will fly by him while he's limping along trying not to get creamed by all the cars zipping around him.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:42 am Waxer is the real Sauron, I believe he has the bigest dick swinger hp numbers on the forum yes?
For like two runs before it overheats, then my Abarf will fly by him while he's limping along trying not to get creamed by all the cars zipping around him.
:lol:

I won't have to run 10/10ths long enough to overheat to beat anyone here. Plus, I already have a package on order that fixes the issues. :)
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm

I won't have to run 10/10ths long enough to overheat to beat anyone here. Plus, I already have a package on order that fixes the issues. :)
:butwhy:

:troywax:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:notsure:
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:55 pm

:notsure:
:aintcare:

:dislike:
max225

So this'll be a time to test the AC effectiveness of the BMW/C6. You guys are getting a record heatwave down there.... stay safe breh!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:34 pm So this'll be a time to test the AC effectiveness of the BMW/C6. You guys are getting a record heatwave down there.... stay safe breh!
This heat wave moved through my area last week. We saw upper 90's for like 5-6 days in a row. My :turboyaris: handled it mostly fine, except one evening the AC failed to come on when we were going somewhere after work. So, work to home, AC functioned normally. Got home. Car sat in garage for no more than 10 minutes, if that. Wife and I got in and AC would not come on. Just sticky outside air coming in. It started to rain so the windoes fogged up horribly. We got about half a mile from home and had to turn around to take her car. Next morning, and every day since, the AC has been working fine. :notsure: German electronics, I guess.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Dat road gator doe
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:34 pm So this'll be a time to test the AC effectiveness of the BMW/C6. You guys are getting a record heatwave down there.... stay safe breh!
It is indeed hot af. 121 today. I'm rolling the brahoe in this shite. Gotta go to the midwest for a funeral Wednesday. While not exactly an upbeat cause of travel, I'm staying a few extra days to avoid this place for a bit.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 pm

This heat wave moved through my area last week. We saw upper 90's for like 5-6 days in a row. My :turboyaris: handled it mostly fine, except one evening the AC failed to come on when we were going somewhere after work. So, work to home, AC functioned normally. Got home. Car sat in garage for no more than 10 minutes, if that. Wife and I got in and AC would not come on. Just sticky outside air coming in. It started to rain so the windoes fogged up horribly. We got about half a mile from home and had to turn around to take her car. Next morning, and every day since, the AC has been working fine. :notsure: German electronics, I guess.

The wapmobile isn't as impenetrable as once believed. The gremlins have breached the bulkhead!
Yea. :(
I still think my AC issues all stem from the large road gator we slammed into at 75 mph a few years ago.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:24 pm Dat road gator doe
:dat:
Yup. You :member:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm
It is indeed hot af. 121 today. I'm rolling the brahoe in this shite. Gotta go to the midwest for a funeral Wednesday. While not exactly an upbeat cause of travel, I'm staying a few extra days to avoid this place for a bit.
121? :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm
I heard they grounded some flights due to the temperature being outside the operating envelope for the planes. :amazing:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So, I washed the Bimmer and the GS Sunday morning, parked the Bimmer in the garage, and in an act of pure negligence when putting away a stepstool, put a 3/4 inch scratch on the driver side rear door, here it is.
:derp: :disgust: :triggered: :facepalm: :rolleyes: :rage:

Worst flat light for a potato pic ever, but there she is. Down to the primer. I buffed off the edges with the D/A and ordered a touch up pen. Any advice from the experts on prep/paint finish to minimize this horrific event? Or should I just kill myself or send it back to Germany for a full respray?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Start a pool taking bets on how long before the woman notices it, use the proceeds to pay for paint correction at that time.

I'm guessing it gets traded in without ever being noticed.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:41 pm Start a pool taking bets on how long before the woman notices it, use the proceeds to pay for paint correction at that time.

I'm guessing it gets traded in without ever being noticed.
Ha ha. I showed it to her already. I was just pissed at myself for being in such a hurry, and it will bug the shit out of me. We keep our Krautmobiles long time here. 6 year car.