Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 pm
All luggage is travel sized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:iswydt:
Thanks. I thought it was pretty witty. I have a good one every blue moon.
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:35 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:33 pm I would also buy a set of RPF1's. I love that wheel.
dubshow legit has a brand new set for miata fitment that has never even had tires mounted. JUST SAYIN
I believe you. But my bank account doent have the proper numbers unless I can convince the wife to let me. I also have a few expenses coming up soon.
Barnes93cb

The new ECU came in. I purchased it from one of the guys on miataturbo.net. He builds them to be plug and play with a base tune for my specific mods in mind.

Opened the box to find at least 100 pieces of shit that look to need soldering. Now to find out if those are just extra pieces or if i'm screwed and way underskilled.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 pm The new ECU came in. I purchased it from one of the guys on miataturbo.net. He builds them to be plug and play with a base tune for my specific mods in mind.

Opened the box to find at least 100 pieces of shit that look to need soldering. Now to find out if those are just extra pieces or if i'm screwed and way underskilled.

Braineack?

if all you need to do is assemble the PCB, its really not hard.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 pm The new ECU came in. I purchased it from one of the guys on miataturbo.net. He builds them to be plug and play with a base tune for my specific mods in mind.

Braineack?

if all you need to do is assemble the PCB, its really not hard.
Yup from Braineack.

Im sure its not hard for someone who didnt drunk purchase. But for me I now need more research. Thankfully my roomate works on F-16 circuitry regularly. I think he will be able to teach me.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Damn, diving in deep. I like it!

Curious to watch this play out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Barnes93cb

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:29 pm Damn, diving in deep. I like it!

Curious to watch this play out.
I refused to do this car cheap or half way. I bought everything new and well reviewed. The plan is to not repeat my mistakes with the GTI.

And to properly utilize the turbo kit I need an aftermarket ECU. I dont trust the fuel fooler that just dumps under boost. Id rather not grenade the motor.
Barnes93cb

Suspension install went great. I had no idea what I was doing and managed to get it all done in about 5 hours. The coils are almost max height and the car is still pretty low.

I'm sitting at Firestone right now waiting to get an alignment before gridlife.

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

That wing is ridiculous.

Ride height looks good doe.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

love your whip. keep it up
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

What suspension is that again?

I think it'll look better on some decent 15" :ramz: too.
Barnes93cb

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 am That wing is ridiculous.

I hate the wing. Its going in the trash.

And also thanks.
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:54 am love your whip. keep it up
Thanks brochacho.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:14 am What suspension is that again?

I went and bought the flyin miata v maxx extreme sport coilovers.

And yes the car will be much nicer once I find the money for some storm s1's or rpf1's.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Barnes93cb wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:14 am What suspension is that again?

I went and bought the flyin miata v maxx extreme sport coilovers.

And yes the car will be much nicer once I find the money for some storm s1's or rpf1's.
IIRC those are the ones my buddy here got. Great ride and handling, especially for the money. His NB on those is a blast with just the stock motor, turbro would be :fuckyeah:
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 am That wing is ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Barnes93cb

Went and ran an autocross yesterday. While at Gridlife Road Atlanta I had the chance to run 4 rounds on their autocross course. First run as a 51 and after my fourth round I was down to 44 seconds. Some new tires and wheels are needed. The rubbing was real.

On exit of turns I was kicking the rear out way too easy. I think some stickier rubber would help a lot. As would an LSD.
The fronts were rubbing quite a bit under hard cornering. The 17s are too big and heavy. The continental tires are fine for daily driving. But coming into a corner quickly I would have quite a bit of under steer. I have no idea how much of this was driver error. I really need to go out with someone who knows what they are doing.
Barnes93cb

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:54 pm Makes sense, Image

Most meata drivers invest in the travel sized ones :doe:
I still want to see the license plate MEATA.
Once my tags come up for renewal I will look into custom again.

Now that I have modified the car and made it mine.

Barnes93cb

Went to start the car last night. First time since Sunday when I drove 5 hours home from Road Atlanta.

Car was trying to die and the oil gauge was bottoming out. It would pop up and run fine if I was on the throttle. But the second I let off it would drop.

I would be lying if I knew what that meant. I do know that oil pumps on these cars are tempermental(SP?). I will have to research more.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:59 pm Went to start the car last night. First time since Sunday when I drove 5 hours home from Road Atlanta.

Car was trying to die and the oil gauge was bottoming out. It would pop up and run fine if I was on the throttle. But the second I let off it would drop.

I would be lying if I knew what that meant. I do know that oil pumps on these cars are tempermental(SP?). I will have to research more.
:sad:

I love what you're doing with the car :doe: . We need to :dock: . My buddy in Charlotte just got an NB and my other buddy just got an NA.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:bruh:

You should come autox with us in Concord (next to Charlotte Motor Speedway at the dragstrip) on 10/19. :dock:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:59 pm Went to start the car last night. First time since Sunday when I drove 5 hours home from Road Atlanta.

oil pressure and engine speed are connected. most cars have 'idiot' gauges and lights that dont move or only come on or flash if there is a problem.

A common mod on a miata is to install a real oil pressure sender.

take home message: fix your (low) idle problem and the oil pressure is likely fine.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 pm

oil pressure and engine speed are connected. most cars have 'idiot' gauges and lights that dont move or only come on or flash if there is a problem.

take home message: fix your (low) idle problem and the oil pressure is likely fine.
:dat:

I hate troubleshooting low idle issues. I had a Volvo that always had a low idle and the low oil pressure light came on at every stop. Could never figure it out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Barnes93cb

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:57 pm :bruh:

You should come autox with us in Concord (next to Charlotte Motor Speedway at the dragstrip) on 10/19. :dock:
I would love to. Just dont know how much disposable time or income I will have then.
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 pm

Yes I do need a real sensor.

I also have no idea where to begin with the low idle problem. I am not experienced with wrenching on a car. And everyone I am talking to says its probably my oil pump.

My only other option is taking the car into a shop and having them go at it.