Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:43 am
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:41 pm

This was my overall point, I guess. Whenever I think about avenging by defeat at the hands of the brubstick, first I think "that will end up costing ten grand," then I think "for what, more smoke?"
I should have prefaced that the car is a bit much one the old ass rock tires on it. When I put new tires on it that actually grip, it's might be 5/7 :fuckyeah:

If I had an LS3 car like you do, I'd probably just do long tubes and dyno tune and call it a day. That should put it nearly where my car is at, with much less effort, cost, and drivability concerns. The factory clutch would survive, so you wouldn't need to go nuts there either. Plus, you have more tire to put the power down.
Or he could enjoy the car stock since he doesn’t need any more power anyways ?!
GS is a pretty fun package just about as much power as you can possibly have to put through 2 wheels
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:38 am The Jeep will show up. And they'll be happy to sell it to you with a $15k markup.
At this point nothing will be surprising
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 am
I should have prefaced that the car is a bit much one the old ass rock tires on it. When I put new tires on it that actually grip, it's might be 5/7 :fuckyeah:

If I had an LS3 car like you do, I'd probably just do long tubes and dyno tune and call it a day. That should put it nearly where my car is at, with much less effort, cost, and drivability concerns. The factory clutch would survive, so you wouldn't need to go nuts there either. Plus, you have more tire to put the power down.
Or he could enjoy the car stock since he doesn’t need any more power anyways ?!
GS is a pretty fun package just about as much power as you can possibly have to put through 2 wheels
:bruh:

Friends don't let friends drive stock.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:41 pm

This was my overall point, I guess. Whenever I think about avenging by defeat at the hands of the brubstick, first I think "that will end up costing ten grand," then I think "for what, more smoke?"

I would love to. But not only am I a communist, I live in a communist state. CARB says balls deep or GTFO.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:35 am

I would love to. But not only am I a communist, I live in a communist state. CARB says balls deep or GTFO.
Apparently you just need to start hanging out with 20 year olds that drive Civics. Smog is no problem if you know the right guy and have a couple ben franklins.....
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Apparently you just need to start hanging out with 20 year olds that drive Civics. Smog is no problem if you know the right guy and have a couple ben franklins.....
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I think a better idea would be just leaving the fucking state, but I don't have to sell that to you......
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm

I think a better idea would be just leaving the fucking state, but I don't have to sell that to you......
You know it.

I'm all fine with talking with my nephew and getting his perspective on things, but I'm not about to hang out with a bunch of kids to be able to run LT headers. :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

When I took my car to get tuned, the guy threw my car on the lift to put the wideband O2 sensor in. He saw that cats and said "this car from out of state?" I said no... he went on "huh, why the fuck did you put cats on it? I haven't seen aftermarket cats on a Michigan car ever".

I guess helping the environment is :butwhy: in much of the country. I love the freedumb, but also don't like the raw gas/rotten egg smell that cats eliminate.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm

You know it.

I'm all fine with talking with my nephew and getting his perspective on things, but I'm not about to hang out with a bunch of kids to be able to run LT headers. :disgust:
I'd like to see quantitative data analysis proving that long tube headers with high flow cats increase emissions.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:03 pm

When I took my car to get tuned, the guy threw my car on the lift to put the wideband O2 sensor in. He saw that cats and said "this car from out of state?" I said no... he went on "huh, why the fuck did you put cats on it? I haven't seen aftermarket cats on a Michigan car ever".

I guess helping the environment is :butwhy: in much of the country. I love the freedumb, but also don't like the raw gas/rotten egg smell that cats eliminate.
There's nothing wrong with high flow cats. They serve a purpose, yes? We can't have everybody in some metro area running around catless on the highways causing birth defects in the name of moar whp.
max225

As much as I hate to say it but California needs the strict air laws. We're breeding like cockroaches... 41 million strong... driving more on average than the rest of the world. And we have serious smog issues.... even with clean cars. It is :disgust: Ppl are a plague
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

One :baby: policy would do more to reduce emissions.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Meanwhile, at the dillership:

Green gets a Jeep order...
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:46 am In all honesty, the car is too much. If I knew then what I know now, I would have picked a smaller cam that sacrificed the explosive top end for more low end. Better, I probably would have just kept it stock to maintain some resale value and waited for Sebring Orange C7GS's to get reasonable. Oh well.
Should have kept it stock with gears and sticky tars.

Also, +1 for C7 GS, let those prices fall.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 pm One :baby: policy would do more to reduce emissions.
And keeping the illegals out... that's who is having kids in this state...
California Percent
African American/Black 5.2%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0.4%
Asian/Pacific Islander 14.2%
Hispanic/Latina 48.2%
White 27.8%
Multiracial 2.3%
Unknown 2.0%

28% white.... 48% well yay...
48% of the fucking kids made by 32% of the population . This state will be quite different in 15-20 years.
:disgust:
Last edited by max225 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Melon wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:27 pm Meanwhile, at the dillership:

Green gets a Jeep order...
Their greed will have them pumping the market full of :jeep: 's and there are already plenty on the roads, and only more to come... the JK is the most successful Jeep Wrangler ever made... so it'll be interesting to see where the prices go, they certainly won't go UP.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:46 am In all honesty, the car is too much. If I knew then what I know now, I would have picked a smaller cam that sacrificed the explosive top end for more low end. Better, I probably would have just kept it stock to maintain some resale value and waited for Sebring Orange C7GS's to get reasonable. Oh well.

Yea, oh well. It was a fun thing to do, and the car is a riot, so whatever.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm

:dat:

#YOLO
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm pretty interested in testing your car once it has tarz on it. We'll have to get out to an autox or something one of these days.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm Yea, oh well. It was a fun thing to do, and the car is a riot, so whatever.
I'm pretty interested in testing your car once it has tarz on it. We'll have to get out to an autox or something one of these days.
Agreed. This summer will be a good one for performance driving.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

What's up with this forum going HAM on cars and then not liking them?
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm What's up with this forum going HAM on cars and then not liking them?
:plac: :plac: :plac:
:plac: :derp: :plac:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm What's up with this forum going HAM on cars and then not liking them?
:plac: :derp: :plac:
:dat: :dat: :dat:
:dat: :triggered: :dat:
:dat: :dat: :dat:
max225

Which car did the forum go "ham" on?