Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Rotated the tires on the JKU this morning to prevent cupping. Gotta do a 5 tire rotation on these tires every 2500 miles or they start to wear away on you.

Also removed the heel shifter on the Harley this morning. Got a couple different spacers that are powder coated billet. Decided to put this one on first which has a bit more shape to it. The other is just a flatter cone shape.

It is also really nice because in the stock configuration the toe shifter is on the inside, closer to the engine and a little harder to reach. Putting on the spacer moves the toe lever out to the end of the spline and brings it more in line with where I naturally put my foot. Removing the heel shifter gives so much more room on the floorboard to move my foot for comfort while riding.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:00 pm Rotated the tires on the JKU this morning to prevent cupping. Gotta do a 5 tire rotation on these tires every 2500 miles or they start to wear away on you.

Also removed the heel shifter on the Harley this morning. Got a couple different spacers that are powder coated billet. Decided to put this one on first which has a bit more shape to it. The other is just a flatter cone shape.

It is also really nice because in the stock configuration the toe shifter is on the inside, closer to the engine and a little harder to reach. Putting on the spacer moves the toe lever out to the end of the spline and brings it more in line with where I naturally put my foot. Removing the heel shifter gives so much more room on the floorboard to move my foot for comfort while riding.
Tire rotation is wise. I did 7k mile rotations on mine and started to get cupping.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:51 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:00 pm Rotated the tires on the JKU this morning to prevent cupping. Gotta do a 5 tire rotation on these tires every 2500 miles or they start to wear away on you.

Tire rotation is wise. I did 7k mile rotations on mine and started to get cupping.
The OEM tires on the Hard Cock edition are pretty soft. I went 6k miles on the first set and they were RUINED. The noise at speed on the freeway was deafening and overpowered the stereo.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got bored and put the SC-Project exhaust on the Ducati.

With the DB-Killer removed this thing has some bark and growl to it and sounds awesome. Took the bilke out for about 40 miles after the install... I love this thing, even in the urban mode with the weakest throttle mapping and strongest ABS and traction control it still pulls the front wheel up when you roll on the throttle. :D

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Only thing I wish was different on the SC-Project exhaust is that they had made the heel guard matte carbon fiber to match the can.. the gloss carbon fiber kinda just looks like a black part from a distance.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

oh, and I need a bigger garage or to find another location for my reloading bench. The bikes and the Z06 with everything else makes a tight fit in a slightly bigger than 2 car garage.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:53 pm

The OEM tires on the Hard Cock edition are pretty soft. I went 6k miles on the first set and they were RUINED. The noise at speed on the freeway was deafening and overpowered the stereo.
Ours on the base Rubicon were beyond loud at highway speed after 12k miles. Rotations are incredibly critical.

I need to look into rotations on the ZR2. I'm not sure if the Goodyear Duratracs are as bad...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Ours on the base Rubicon were beyond loud at highway speed after 12k miles. Rotations are incredibly critical.

I need to look into rotations on the ZR2. I'm not sure if the Goodyear Duratracs are as bad...
Yeah, make sure you figure it out quick... I was :rage: hardcore when I got in the Jeep and felt the knobbie tire effect like a dirt bike at low speed and heard the noise.

The wife was like "Oh, yeah... it's been doing that for about a month now."

:rage: :tits: :rage:

Ended up throwing away tires that still had a lot of tread left but were cupped to hell. Now I check her mileage every other weekend
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:36 pm Got bored and put the SC-Project exhaust on the Ducati.

With the DB-Killer removed this thing has some bark and growl to it and sounds awesome. Took the bilke out for about 40 miles after the install... I love this thing, even in the urban mode with the weakest throttle mapping and strongest ABS and traction control it still pulls the front wheel up when you roll on the throttle. :D

Wait wait. What all bikes do you have??
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

dubshow wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:28 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:36 pm Got bored and put the SC-Project exhaust on the Ducati.

HD Road King Special, Duc Monster Energy 1200 R, and a Ninja H2R :waxer:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:36 pm

HD Road King Special, Duc Monster Energy 1200 R, and a Ninja H2R :waxer:
:lolol:

No Ninja.. That thing is insane though and I would never buy an H2. I don't need a supercharged bike like that... But a couple youtube videos I've seen show some awesome paint on that thing.... along with some very quick runs up to 170+ MPH.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

As Sixspeeder mentioned, I bought a 2018 Road King Special and a 2017 Ducati Monster 1200R a couple weeks ago.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I have a hunch someone is going to the nearest gun store today ....
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:24 am I have a hunch someone is going to the nearest gun store today ....
:triggered:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:03 am

As Sixspeeder mentioned, I bought a 2018 Road King Special and a 2017 Ducati Monster 1200R a couple weeks ago.
:fuckyeah: that monster is a monster.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Oh :notbad:

Yeah, I was talking about the ribtrax
I ordered all Ribtrax but :aintcare: about the debris, I have a strong shop vac that will pull anything up.
Ok, but what are the advantages of the Ribtrax vs. the Diamond Plate design? Just curious, it's not like you're going to be getting a bunch of puddled liquids you need to drain.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

All of that is completely ridiculous.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:51 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm

I ordered all Ribtrax but :aintcare: about the debris, I have a strong shop vac that will pull anything up.
Ok, but what are the advantages of the Ribtrax vs. the Diamond Plate design? Just curious, it's not like you're going to be getting a bunch of puddled liquids you need to drain.
The main advantage is the "tenting" that happens with the solid tiles in the sun when they expand. The Ribtrax won't do that. Also, they generally stay cleaner looking where the solid tiles show more dust/dirt/tire marks and generate more static cling.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 am

All of that is completely ridiculous.
That
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:09 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:51 am

The main advantage is the "tenting" that happens with the solid tiles in the sun when they expand. The Ribtrax won't do that. Also, they generally stay cleaner looking where the solid tiles show more dust/dirt/tire marks and generate more static cling.
Ah. Well that would definitely be something I need to worry about.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Here's a pic of some mild "tenting" I found online. I get quite a bit of this across the whole garage door with my black tiles on the border.

ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 pm Here's a pic of some mild "tenting" I found online. I get quite a bit of this across the whole garage door with my black tiles on the border.

:disgust: :nope:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:18 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 pm Here's a pic of some mild "tenting" I found online. I get quite a bit of this across the whole garage door with my black tiles on the border.

:disgust: :nope:
Exactly.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah that won't work.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, day before a road trip and the JKU decides it wants to smell like its burning coolant. :rage:

Got an appt. to take it in for service while we are out of town. Radiator was full, but the overflow tank was empty. No visible leaks and the oil looks good :iono:

Wife went to rent a truck, so we weren't in a shitbox Yaris... Out of trucks, so they gave us this instead. $320 for the rest of the week and the normal rate on this would have been $1100. :wtf:

Gigantor 3 row seating loaded with everything. Better than a Yaris.