Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:30 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:18 pm Finally made my way to your thread.

I love the work youve done to the road king. How is the delete holding up for the foot controls? I hate the dual controls on the few street glides ive ridden. It is one of the first thing I plan to change.

Also the garage is awesome. But I do tend to agree with you, a larger garage is probably needed in your near future.
Thanks man.

Yeah, the rear shift lever delete is holding up very well. It's a "press fit" type of spacer, so you have to force it on to put the screw back in to secure the front shifter, and it keeps it nice and tight on the linkage. Well worth the $30 bucks or so.

If you end up with a Harley let me know and I will send you the other one I bought, I won't need it.
Its not anytime soon. But I am 99% sure I will end up on a street glide once I get back from my deployment next July. Im not even considering any other bikes.

The press fit is probably the best idea. Its less than ideal to have something moving that you might kick slide off easily.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

This showed up today:

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:ohmy:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:22 pm This showed up today:

Didn't realize other companies were coming out with auto tuners now. I've been out of the bike game for a while. I've got a Cobra Autotuner that piggybacks the injectors and it works great, but it has a bit of stutter at max rpms, where it bounces off the rev limiter about 300rpms short of the top of where it should.
Great tools if you don't know where you're gonna end up exhaust-wise and don't wanna pay for multiple dyno tunes.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:36 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:22 pm This showed up today:

Didn't realize other companies were coming out with auto tuners now. I've been out of the bike game for a while. I've got a Cobra Autotuner that piggybacks the injectors and it works great, but it has a bit of stutter at max rpms, where it bounces off the rev limiter about 300rpms short of the top of where it should.
Great tools if you don't know where you're gonna end up exhaust-wise and don't wanna pay for multiple dyno tunes.
Yeah, the V&H unit and the Dynojet model are pretty cool, they let you use baseline tunes then ride the bike as it logs the data and learns your config and your bike. Once you have a lot of cells learned you update the ECM with the "autotuned" image and can carry on w/o the tuner attached, or leave it in and use it for monitoring everything else.

The V&H is bluetooth and uses your phone and has a lot of users and good reviews, which is why I picked it. The Dynojet unit has a head unit/display that you need to use that looks like a 1990's Hypertech LCD display that you need to fumble with while tuning/autotuning.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, ICYMI in the Jeep thread....

Today I locked in a factory order for a Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon.

Will post more details soon, the official order number and info should be back to me tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 pm So, ICYMI in the Jeep thread....

Today I locked in a factory order for a Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon.

Will post more details soon, the official order number and info should be back to me tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
Did they give you any delivery time table ? Based on what I can see on the forum it is around 6-8 weeks. We’re at the higher end thanks to the distance to Ohio
max225

Btw how long did the Z06 take ?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

They are quoting 8 weeks.

The Z06 took about 7 weeks. The train ride was 3 days and 2 days at the holding yard in Milpitas before it got to the dealer.

From what I read, some guys with JLs are talking about a week waiting for a train in Toledo when the Z06 waited something like 10 hours for a train.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 pm They are quoting 8 weeks.

The Z06 took about 7 weeks. The train ride was 3 days and 2 days at the holding yard in Milpitas before it got to the dealer.

From what I read, some guys with JLs are talking about a week waiting for a train in Toledo when the Z06 waited something like 10 hours for a train.
I’d think considering how many ppl get :jeep: s in California I think they’d wait less... they can probably an entire train a day.
max225

Any update in Order status? Get a vin yet?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm Any update in Order status? Get a vin yet?
No VIN yet, no VON either.

I think they are trying to fuck with me. I finally got in touch with them today about the status and they told me that they didn't have an allocation for the order this week but I was #1 on the list. Funny though, as last week I specifically asked them if they had allocations and they said yes... :wtf:

Then, he said ever so happily "If you want to cancel we can get your deposit credited back to your card and you can order somewhere else and see if they have an allocation."

uh... yeah... so, maybe Idaho is a better situation after all... I'm going to give them until Monday to get this figured out before I do anything.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That response would piss me off. Asshole socially inadequate retard. Waiting makes sense doe.

Waiting
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm Any update in Order status? Get a vin yet?

I think they are trying to fuck with me. I finally got in touch with them today about the status and they told me that they didn't have an allocation for the order this week but I was #1 on the list. Funny though, as last week I specifically asked them if they had allocations and they said yes... :wtf:

Then, he said ever so happily "If you want to cancel we can get your deposit credited back to your card and you can order somewhere else and see if they have an allocation."

uh... yeah... so, maybe Idaho is a better situation after all... I'm going to give them until Monday to get this figured out before I do anything.
Did you see my markup pic from them ?!
Honestly it sounds like they are doing the usual :dillerman: shit, especially considering how much shit you went through to lock the offer in ...

If I was buying a JL I’d idaho potatoes and all
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Honestly it sounds like they are doing the usual :dillerman: shit, especially considering how much shit you went through to lock the offer in ...

More than likely they agreed to your deal before realizing how much they could markup. You're at the bottom of their priority list because there's not much in the deal.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

No, I didn't see it, can you link it?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 am

No, I didn't see it, can you link it?
Found it... :lolol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:32 am

More than likely they agreed to your deal before realizing how much they could markup. You're at the bottom of their priority list because there's not much in the deal.
Yeah, that is exactly what was in my head when I was talking to the guy yesterday.

This dealership works very strange... the main guy I bought my JKU from was the initial contact again. On the JKU and the JLU he started the deal, then handed me off to another person to finalize the deal and make the sale. Each time, the guy he handed me off to seemed pretty "dopey" and unsure of himself, even though they both claimed to be on the job at this dealer for about a year.

The guy yesterday was talking in circles and mentioned not having allocation when we specifically talked about it and I told him up front I have ordered cars before and I know how this system works. I told him I wasn't going to proceed if they don't have allocations and he said he checked with the GM and there was no problem...

Yesterday it went like this (removing all the repeating words from him):

Him: "Hi, I'm sorry, we don't have any allocations right now, but you are on the top of the list at #1. If you're not happy you're free to buy from another dealer that might not have any allocations either.... We're #1 and Jeep loves us, so we have the most."

Me: "Well, I specifically asked if you had an allocation for an order last week and you said yes... Will you have one for this coming week?"

Him: "We don't know, they don't tell us. Hopefully this coming week or next."

Me: "That's not how this works. Now, my experience has been ordering from Chevrolet, but I have to assume that CDJR does it very similar. There is a thing called Consensus which tells the dealer the closest estimate of allocations and when they will be available for the dealer. They may have constraints due to options, but overall your GM knows how many of what model they can order every week for the coming months. You're not telling me you have a constraint, you're saying you don't have an allocation right now. You're also telling me that you don't know when you will have one which I don't think is completely accurate. I'd like to hope you're not feeding me shit here (jokingly laugh) and your GM just isn't telling you the facts."

Him: "That's all I know."

Me: "Well, please talk to your GM and find out for sure, I don't play games like this and I'm not going to be the moron that sits with a deposit placed and no allocated order. Also, the last invoice sheet you sent me doesn't seem to indicate my deposit paid. Please correct this and email me a new one."

Him: "Okay, I will do that. Sorry I didn't respond before, I've been having family issues I needed to take care of."

Me: "I'll wait for the email, I hope your family is okay."

Him: "Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll email you in the morning."

:wtf:

I lost all confidence I had left in this deal at that point. My wife is kinda pissed right now and suggested not buying the Jeep at all until shit settles down and then just do the Idaho thing for a late summer pickup on a 2019.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:dafuq:

:rage:

Hopefully his GM can make some sense of things for you.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am :dafuq:

Well, I doubt it. He's adding $16k markup on the ones on the lot. F him in the A with :dedong:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Okay, so about the "dopey" salesman that seems clueless.

I googled him and found his facebook and linkedin page. He started working there in June, and before that he worked at........... Chevron.

His career at Chevron was from April 2016 - January 2017 as a Customer Service Rep at a station locally (clerk), then from January 2017 to April 2017 he was an "assistant manager".

No
Fucking
Wonder
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:dillerman: gonna :dillerman:

There can be only one [user not found] the Honest, he has sapped the rest of the industry of its ability to be truthful.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 am
Melon wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am :dafuq:

Well, I doubt it. He's adding $16k markup on the ones on the lot. F him in the A with :dedong:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:32 am
Yeah, that is exactly what was in my head when I was talking to the guy yesterday.

This dealership works very strange... the main guy I bought my JKU from was the initial contact again. On the JKU and the JLU he started the deal, then handed me off to another person to finalize the deal and make the sale. Each time, the guy he handed me off to seemed pretty "dopey" and unsure of himself, even though they both claimed to be on the job at this dealer for about a year.

The guy yesterday was talking in circles and mentioned not having allocation when we specifically talked about it and I told him up front I have ordered cars before and I know how this system works. I told him I wasn't going to proceed if they don't have allocations and he said he checked with the GM and there was no problem...

Him: "Hi, I'm sorry, we don't have any allocations right now, but you are on the top of the list at #1. If you're not happy you're free to buy from another dealer that might not have any allocations either.... We're #1 and Jeep loves us, so we have the most."

Me: "Well, I specifically asked if you had an allocation for an order last week and you said yes... Will you have one for this coming week?"

Me: "That's not how this works. Now, my experience has been ordering from Chevrolet, but I have to assume that CDJR does it very similar. There is a thing called Consensus which tells the dealer the closest estimate of allocations and when they will be available for the dealer. They may have constraints due to options, but overall your GM knows how many of what model they can order every week for the coming months. You're not telling me you have a constraint, you're saying you don't have an allocation right now. You're also telling me that you don't know when you will have one which I don't think is completely accurate. I'd like to hope you're not feeding me shit here (jokingly laugh) and your GM just isn't telling you the facts."

Me: "Well, please talk to your GM and find out for sure, I don't play games like this and I'm not going to be the moron that sits with a deposit placed and no allocated order. Also, the last invoice sheet you sent me doesn't seem to indicate my deposit paid. Please correct this and email me a new one."

Him: "Okay, I will do that. Sorry I didn't respond before, I've been having family issues I needed to take care of."

I lost all confidence I had left in this deal at that point. My wife is kinda pissed right now and suggested not buying the Jeep at all until shit settles down and then just do the Idaho thing for a late summer pickup on a 2019.
:impressive: take on consensus. And you're absolutely right from a GM standpoint. I'd be surprised if FCA operated much different, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:20 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am

:impressive: take on consensus. And you're absolutely right from a GM standpoint. I'd be surprised if FCA operated much different, doe.
I learned a lot from my Corvette dealer friend when I was waiting for constraints on the carbon fiber dash, Z51 package and the exposed carbon fiber roof on the 2014 C7. My Z06/Z07 order was MUCH less painless after they figured out the supplier constraints on the CF.