The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Get a mazda 3, cruze, etc. Even Detroitplac likes the Cruze.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Brake dust. :yikes:

Felt good to spend some time detailing the car today after work. Really do love this thing.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm Brake dust. :yikes:

Felt good to spend some time detailing the car today after work. Really do love this thing.
Pics
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P

:jizz:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm Brake dust. :yikes:

iron X?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:09 pm iron X?
Sonax Full Effect.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:11 am:jizz:
:dat:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

You guys. I got 20.8mpg on that tank. It was 2/3 highway, but hey...over 20mpg! :lolol:

:facepalm:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I barely tickled 23mpg's balls when I was driving 100% highway from AZ to TN during our Tail of the Dragon trip. Car is 10/10, 5/7 otherwise.

Nice Corolla by the way.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Johnny_P

I got 27 MPG yesterday all highway.
Lifetime average right now is 16 ish. Worse than my GTI. But in the city where I do 99% of my driving it's rather comparable actually.

:aintcare: for me doe, I have 3k miles on it :lolol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:43 pm I got 27 MPG yesterday all highway.
Lifetime average right now is 16 ish. Worse than my GTI. But in the city where I do 99% of my driving it's rather comparable actually.

:wtf:

I have 4k miles on the Spyder already.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:47 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:43 pm I got 27 MPG yesterday all highway.

I've had the car since December 1st 2016 or so. Coming up on 9 months.
My commute is 3 miles each way.
I don't drive it from Friday at 5:00 PM to Monday at 6:00 AM. It stays parked all weekend.
If I need to go somewhere in the city I don't deal with parking and bullshit, I just take public transit (GASP!) or walk or bike. Bike share too. I should get a monthly pass to bike share, it's pretty great. But I don't really need to go anywhere, the grocery store is 1 city block from me, the subway is 3 blocks, bus is half a block, everything I need is within a 5-10 minute walk of my front door.

MPG doesn't even factor into the equation for me. If anything, the MPG argument is a wash because the GTI will require regular carbon cleaning with the type of driving I do whereas this with it's 15 year old port injected boat anchor motor doesn't require it.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:59 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:47 pm

I don't drive it from Friday at 5:00 PM to Monday at 6:00 AM. It stays parked all weekend.
If I need to go somewhere in the city I don't deal with parking and bullshit, I just take public transit (GASP!) or walk or bike. Bike share too. I should get a monthly pass to bike share, it's pretty great. But I don't really need to go anywhere, the grocery store is 1 city block from me, the subway is 3 blocks, bus is half a block, everything I need is within a 5-10 minute walk of my front door.

MPG doesn't even factor into the equation for me. If anything, the MPG argument is a wash because the GTI will require regular carbon cleaning with the type of driving I do whereas this with it's 15 year old port injected boat anchor motor doesn't require it.
Oh wow you don't drive it on the weekends? Honestly... owning a car would be super tough for me at that point... :iono: 3k miles in 9 months... is nothing...
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh wow you don't drive it on the weekends? Honestly... owning a car would be super tough for me at that point... :iono: 3k miles in 9 months... is nothing...
It is super tough. Toughest part is I basically need a car. I work in an industrial area that's not well served by bus. So it's 15 mins by car or bike, or 45-1hr by bus. And since I need to be at work at 7AM that means waking up around 5AM and still includes walking about a mile and across a highway intersection (with stoplight doe) to the door. Hell naww. That doesn't really work in rain and snow.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:01 pm

It is super tough. Toughest part is I basically need a car. I work in an industrial area that's not well served by bus. So it's 15 mins by car or bike, or 45-1hr by bus. And since I need to be at work at 7AM that means waking up around 5AM and still includes walking about a mile and across a highway intersection (with stoplight doe) to the door. Hell naww. That doesn't really work in rain and snow.
I totally get the need for it but I'd be rolling a terroist spec camry like the one that just rear ended max
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:32 pm

I totally get the need for it but I'd be rolling a terroist spec camry like the one that just rear ended max
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Max got AZN'd?
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:35 pm

:yeahok: Mr. Brubstick.

I should have bought a :manuel: Honda Shit if I wanted MT, or a CX5 if I didn't GAF. But I do GAF so I have le burble.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Max got AZN'd?
Uninsured Nigerian, but yea.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Finally got a sense of how annoyed Johnny must get at the STi over the weekend. My wife and I went to this :mindblown: amazing hipster-filled Mexican joint in and old half industrial part of town. The roads are shit, the streets are narrow, and driving the STi around was an exercise in patience that I did not pass. That car is so not happy putting around between stop signs a couple hundred feet apart and never getting over 10 mph. On top of my previous complaints about the purchase, now I was annoyed with how the thing was actually driving. It was not a good evening until I had a margarita and some :fuckyeah: food in front of me.

Then on the way home I decided to take a detour and let the car stretch its legs. We hit up a winding road that goes by the reservoir, beautiful trees lining each side and fast enough to be enjoyable even in a car with the limits of the STi. Suddenly forgot all about driving around town and had a huge grin on my face. Just takes a drive like that every once in awhile to remind me why I bought the thing. :wub:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:17 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:11 am You guys. I got 20.8mpg on that tank. It was 2/3 highway, but hey...over 20mpg! :lolol:

:facepalm:
Damn, I get 19 in the :truk:

And I have so much more utility.
I've been getting 20 all summer long. Hooray car engine
ChrisoftheNorth

My full sizer has been getting 20mpg. We saw 24mpg when we went to the upper peninsula.
:triggered:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:30 pm Finally got a sense of how annoyed Johnny must get at the STi over the weekend. My wife and I went to this :mindblown: amazing hipster-filled Mexican joint in and old half industrial part of town. The roads are shit, the streets are narrow, and driving the STi around was an exercise in patience that I did not pass. That car is so not happy putting around between stop signs a couple hundred feet apart and never getting over 10 mph. On top of my previous complaints about the purchase, now I was annoyed with how the thing was actually driving. It was not a good evening until I had a margarita and some :fuckyeah: food in front of me.

Then on the way home I decided to take a detour and let the car stretch its legs. We hit up a winding road that goes by the reservoir, beautiful trees lining each side and fast enough to be enjoyable even in a car with the limits of the STi. Suddenly forgot all about driving around town and had a huge grin on my face. Just takes a drive like that every once in awhile to remind me why I bought the thing. :wub:
I don't really mind it in the city :iono: You want frustration? Drive any of the baby dick turbo cars that lean hard on the turbo as low as 1200 RPM to make any appreciable power. You won't have any because the entire turbo assembly is fully heat soaked. The Mini managed to combat this nicely doe so maybe they're figuring it out. But in the city, NA power rules. And the STI makes alright power low in the RPM range where the turbo isn't ever contributing anyway.

Did you experience the herky-jerky low speed throttle problem esp over bumps? That's the only part I don't really like. That and the suspension bounce but the two are pretty intertwined.

I don't really care too much though. Like you said it's fun to get on the car and that's why I bought it. She still does fine in stop and go. Actually IMO it's better in crawling highway bullshit than the GTI was since the gearing is so much shorter it can putt around at a lower speed than the GTI could so there's less clutch action.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:47 am My full sizer has been getting 20mpg. We saw 24mpg when we went to the upper peninsula.
:triggered:
I'm getting 16.5 or so fully inner city driving.
It'll do 27 on the highway doe.