Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:53 am

I'll find something smaller/lighter then.
Yeah, these are made out of 100% steel, no plastic to be found aside from the bottoms of the feet.

There are other metal/plastic and plastic hybrids that are quite a bit easier to move around.

Love these cabinets doe. Wouldn't buy anything else.
I just need something more organized than my poverty plastic tool boxes for my :boxodicks: hammers and allen keys. A work bench would be ideal really.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 am Rubbermaid Fasttrack.
:megusta:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:21 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:17 pm hung the bikes today, such increase of available room

Over-engineered. When we were kids my dad just screwed some of those rubber coated cup hooks into the ceiling studs of our garage and hung the bikes upside-down from them.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 am

You should see if [user not found] can send pics of his setup. He has hooks on the wall and they sit vertically. Easy to get to them and they take up less space that way.
Rubbermaid Fasttrack.

I’ve used it at three places I’ve lived at now. I don’t like hanging bikes upside down and risking oil migration in the suspension.

Current.

Previous place.
Nice bike shop.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Ordered a grom Wideband.

Once its set up it time to go :fullretard: on the stock bore, head and high compression here we come.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:30 am Ordered a grom Wideband.

Once its set up it time to go :fullretard: on the stock bore, head and high compression here we come.
4V head?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:54 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:30 am Ordered a grom Wideband.

4V head?
naw, not ready to risk revving its nuts off yet and loosing the low end, the cheaper big valve 2v head.
Might do just the head and then the piston. We shall see.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:54 am

4V head?
naw, not ready to risk revving its nuts off yet and loosing the low end, the cheaper big valve 2v head.
Your cam gainz should be better with more flow from the head, might as well do the piston and take advantage of all the things.

Is anyone doing an oversized (big bore) piston? Everything I remember seeing was a kit where you had to buy the jug and piston.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Your cam gainz should be better with more flow from the head, might as well do the piston and take advantage of all the things.

Is anyone doing an oversized (big bore) piston? Everything I remember seeing was a kit where you had to buy the jug and piston.
yea, they do make higher compression piston for overbores'.

But they are typically matched to the bore.

Im staying stoke bore for now I think

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:52 pm So, thread title change soon?

lets see what ye olde troy wants to do :iono:
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Isn't this basically like hot rodding a lawn mower?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:56 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 pm

:word:

I find it odd that they don't sell an overbore pistons for people that have a local machine shop do the bore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:00 pm Isn't this basically like hot rodding a lawn mower?
yes.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Kind of cool from an engine basics standpoint.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:02 pm

I find it odd that they don't sell an overbore pistons for people that have a local machine shop do the bore.
not a lot of :freshmeat: there from what I understand.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:08 pm Kind of cool from an engine basics standpoint.
Yea its neat. I've got to get it up to minibike power at least, right?
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:08 pm Kind of cool from an engine basics standpoint.
Like 7, maybe 8 hp? :hue:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:00 pm Isn't this basically like hot rodding a lawn mower?
Also sounds not too dissimmilar from Type 1 Beetle (or old air cooled Porsche or Corvair) hot rodding in that heads, pistons, and cylinders can all be swapped onto a stock block and con rods for immediate displacement bump.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

You should run it on methanol.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 pm

my mini bike has 14hp at least.

250cc honda clone, 0.10 rod, billet piston, cam, valve springs, billet flywheel, bumped timing, carb, exhaust. 6.5hp stock.

Grom is ~7-8 stock. I should have mods for 10-11 at least. Lets see where i sit after the wideband puts a real T00N on the thing. More Compression, 93, and more flow from the head should should put me in the 12-14 hood.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:40 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 pm

my mini bike has 14hp at least.

250cc honda clone, 0.10 rod, billet piston, cam, valve springs, billet flywheel, bumped timing, carb, exhaust. 6.5hp stock.

Grom is ~7-8 stock. I should have mods for 10-11 at least. Lets see where i sit after the wideband puts a real T00N on the thing. More Compression, 93, and more flow from the head should should put me in the 12-14 hood.
That sounds like a riot on something so tiny.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

looks like most people don't do a piston with the head.

If the WB2 does not get me that little bit more to get to 60 and hold it, I might just :scrooge: the upgrade by buying take-off 125 cylinder/piston and decking the jug 10-20 thou.

too many bad stories of guys with BBK's eating themselves, and I run the thing pretty effin hard.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:44 pm

If the WB2 does not get me that little bit more to get to 60 and hold it, I might just :scrooge: the upgrade by buying take-off 125 cylinder/piston and decking the jug 10-20 thou.

too many bad stories of guys with BBK's eating themselves, and I run the thing pretty effin hard.
It would be interesting to see some of the tear downs of the failures and figure out why this is. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s enough legit tuners/builders/engineers building and blowing these things up to figure out and address the weaknesses.

It’s mostly ZOMGZ!!! BUY THIS BBK AND MAKE 25Hp!!!!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:56 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:44 pm

It would be interesting to see some of the tear downs of the failures and figure out why this is. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s enough legit tuners/builders/engineers building and blowing these things up to figure out and address the weaknesses.

Yea, so thats the other thing, you got every fucking yahoo on a 181 BBK out there running mickeymouse tuning solutions like finblow ecu with different injector/fuel line sizes. Or electronic jet kits. or nothing.

Knowing what I know about engines, you NEED legit wideband with those kind of mods. Even then you prob cant hear the engine knocking and are going in rule of thumb a/f ratios for load and bore/stroke ratios.

But hey, they are keeping stock parts cheap. After this step of the wideband/ autoune the next thing is to bump compression and add 93. That's literally free power via efficiency bump. Then we will feed her more air via head work. Then we might raise that rev limiter. Cant be spinning those BBK's to 13k.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Yea, so thats the other thing, you got every fucking yahoo on a 181 BBK out there running mickeymouse tuning solutions like finblow ecu with different injector/fuel line sizes. Or electronic jet kits. or nothing.

Knowing what I know about engines, you NEED legit wideband with those kind of mods. Even then you prob cant hear the engine knocking and are going in rule of thumb a/f ratios for load and bore/stroke ratios.

But hey, they are keeping stock parts cheap. After this step of the wideband/ autoune the next thing is to bump compression and add 93. That's literally free power via efficiency bump. Then we will feed her more air via head work. Then we might raise that rev limiter. Cant be spinning those BBK's to 13k.
Ideally a proper standalone, programmable, ecu (or a hacked stock ecu w/ O2 delete) and a proper dyno tune would be the way to go.

...Or just buy a #bigassdirtbike with a carburetor

:trollface:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:23 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Ideally a proper standalone, programmable, ecu (or a hacked stock ecu w/ O2 delete) and a proper dyno tune would be the way to go.

...Or just buy a #bigassdirtbike with a carburetor

:trollface:
:sass:
brain go brrrrrr