Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Hard to say. Both ways are good. It would be an impossibly difficult choice to make for myself. But I'd probably lean DSGAY because... of the DD possibility and the fact that anyone can drive it.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:23 pm Hard to say. Both ways are good. It would be an impossibly difficult choice to make for myself. But I'd probably lean DSGAY because... of the DD possibility and the fact that anyone can drive it.
Id probably go with the automatic too because :wap:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:22 pm Yes sir... heading to work in the new egg! :fuckyeah:

I'm really enjoying this thing.

Outstanding.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

My daily driver needs to be accessible to me and my wife so it was easy for me to decide between the two trannies. I really really like it though, if it wasn't excellent I'd probably decide on a different car.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The GoRf has had a KESSY issue while going to lock or unlock the door using the sensors in the handle on the driver side. Passenger side is 5/7 so I know that the key and receiver are fine. The doors all still lock and unlock when I use the FOB. For now I'm :aintcare: but I will likely schedule a visit to the dealership when I get some time in a week or two. Diagnosing it confused me at first because I thought that the back doors have keyless entry as well but VW didn't put any there.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I put my auto up/down switches through their paces today by attempting 30 full open and full closed operations. The fourth attempt up failed on the driver side rear door, but after that it was a perfect score. I think the buttons are a little stiffer then in the MK6 and may need time to break in. I won't be following up with the open window situation based on my test today.
Last edited by Tar on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I also gave the car a really nice wash and spray wax today and made sure to take some DFD pics :hue: @desertbreh, :hue: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:jimp:

Use some never dull on those exhaust tips.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote::jimp:

Thanks all look for it. Amazing how many products I still don't have! I spent $50 on supplies today lol.

The Nevr-dull looks like it would work well on hard to remove brake dust in tight crevasses :notsure: if safe to do so ? I got my wheels super clean with a pressure washer set to narrow stream and a 5 min/wipe down with paper towel doe.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote::jimp:

Thanks all look for it. Amazing how many products I still don't have! I spent $50 on supplies today lol.

The Nevr-dull looks like it would work well on hard to remove brake dust in tight crevasses :notsure: if safe to do so ? I got my wheels super clean with a pressure washer set to narrow stream and a 5 min/wipe down with paper towel doe.
I think the trick is to get to the carbon build up early on the exhaust tips. I usually use an old mit and some wheel cleaner to get the carbon off but it didn't work last time. I pulled out the never dull and it pulled it right off. Remember to wear gloves with it though.

And as far as cleaning the wheels goes, I think I might cquartz them in the winter while they're off the car. The brake dust is crazy and that little rim behind the spokes can be tough to clean. I use the eagle one a to z cleaner as well as the speedmasters Daytona wheel brush. The cleaner is only $5 on Amazon and the brush is amazing.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:
Tarspin wrote:Thanks all look for it. Amazing how many products I still don't have! I spent $50 on supplies today lol.

I think the trick is to get to the carbon build up early on the exhaust tips. I usually use an old mit and some wheel cleaner to get the carbon off but it didn't work last time. I pulled out the never dull and it pulled it right off. Remember to wear gloves with it though.

And as far as cleaning the wheels goes, I think I might cquartz them in the winter while they're off the car. The brake dust is crazy and that little rim behind the spokes can be tough to clean. I use the eagle one a to z cleaner as well as the speedmasters Daytona wheel brush. The cleaner is only $5 on Amazon and the brush is amazing.

The rim is the worst part. Luckily it sprays out okay, but on the fronts only today I noticed a few tiny black blotches that didn't come off. A product and proper brush is the answer.

I saw a Lapiz Aarrr at a mall in Cambridge (town I travel to for work often) and noticed how badly it was riddled with swirl marks... atrocious! I'm worried that any defects in the clear are going to pop like mad. Might C-quartz the whole thing soon.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

You should CQuartz.

Damn...dat bloo... :jizz:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Best golf in the best color with the best ramz :jizz:
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:51 am Best golf in the best color with the best ramz :jizz:
:dat:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 pm I also gave the car a really nice wash and spray wax today and made sure to take some DFD pics :hue: @desertbreh, :hue: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
She's foine. Chris is correct though, you need to bust out the D/A, make that thing perfect, then C-Quartz it so all that Ontario weather just glides right off.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

DA on a brand new car :disgust: you waxers are pretty dang crazzzzy.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 pm I also gave the car a really nice wash and spray wax today and made sure to take some DFD pics :hue: @desertbreh, :hue: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
She's foine. Chris is correct though, you need to bust out the D/A, make that thing perfect, then C-Quartz it so all that Ontario weather just glides right off.
Good point, I'm going to look into ordering a tube or two. So far the only imperfections I could spot are a very slight series of surface scratches from the dealership rep who applied the stone guard on the hood/front bumper etc. They should come out pretty easily. I'm not very confident with its application. Is it easy to deal with?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Good point, I'm going to look into ordering a tube or two. So far the only imperfections I could spot are a very slight series of surface scratches from the dealership rep who applied the stone guard on the hood/front bumper etc. They should come out pretty easily. I'm not very confident with its application. Is it easy to deal with?
Yeah it's actually in a bottle, not a tube. It is a liquid like a VERY thin oil. Very easy to apply, the prep is all the work. Just don't do it in the sun/heat, easy enough in your neck of the woods. I would do it inside, but have a fan blowing, the shit smells fairly toxic.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:34 pm Good point, I'm going to look into ordering a tube or two. So far the only imperfections I could spot are a very slight series of surface scratches from the dealership rep who applied the stone guard on the hood/front bumper etc. They should come out pretty easily. I'm not very confident with its application. Is it easy to deal with?
Yeah it's actually in a bottle, not a tube. It is a liquid like a VERY thin oil. Very easy to apply, the prep is all the work. Just don't do it in the sun/heat, easy enough in your neck of the woods. I would do it inside, but have a fan blowing, the shit smells fairly toxic.
That sounds like a 5/7 product to work with. I can :dealwithit:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
That sounds like a 5/7 product to work with. I can :dealwithit:
CorvetteWaxer has recommended many products to this forum, but this ranks up there as one of the best. It is mind blowing how water beads on the C-Quartz surface, and it can last for LONG TIME if you garage your car and refresh every once in a while with reload. It blows away any wax you've ever used for durability.

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-cquartz- ... gJ8ZvD_BwE
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:48 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm That sounds like a 5/7 product to work with. I can :dealwithit:
CorvetteWaxer has recommended many products to this forum, but this ranks up there as one of the best. It is mind blowing how water beads on the C-Quartz surface, and it can last for LONG TIME if you garage your car and refresh every once in a while with reload. It blows away any wax you've ever used for durability.

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-cquartz- ... gJ8ZvD_BwE
Can confirm. 5/7 would put on any car I owned. I need to do the Volt still.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Anyone know if Sonax ceramic is as good? It's a lot cheaper to source locally. The shipping costs on the CQUARTZ are :ludacris:
max225

I bought mine for $55 on Cramazon. I mean it lasts like 5 coats... Doesn't seem expensive to me.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm getting the CQ UK stuff at closer to $98 CAD delivered&taxed (which is equivalent to a list price of 62USD) before tax. It's about $20 more then the locally sourced Sonax stuff but I ordered it anyways :troywax:

At least I saved close to an hour of my time going to pick it up. Plus I hear the UK stuff is their top product option so maybe it'll last longer.