Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Hell, most of the time I just drive if the snow recently fell and let it blow off.
I do this too. But I always clean all windows, headlights, and taillights.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Even though it's gigantic I'm going to start keeping that snow brum in the hatch instead of the brush.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:19 pm

I do this too. But I always clean all windows, headlights, and taillights.
:dat:

I try to minimize any brushing of the paint.
Exactly.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

This guy start looking at tints yet?

What looks good? Light as possible or limo tint black? Or nekked/as is?

Attached is a bro'd out bleu with dark ass :tints: for ref.Image

Sadly, I could only find bro'd out versions of our car that illustrate the tints the way i perceive them. Here is the lighter spec i was thinking of doing on mine.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:This guy start looking at tints yet?

Sadly, I could only find bro'd out versions of our car that illustrate the tints the way i perceive them. Here is the lighter spec i was thinking of doing on mine.

I was probably going to do 30% again. Not sure when I'll get around to it. Maybe sometime in January.

I think the shop I used for my GTI carries llumar metallic tint. I know ceramic is out there but I'm not spending that kind of money on :tints:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:popcorn:

Looking forward to seeing it when its done. I'm missing them but kind of on the fence about how the blue will look tinted.

:hai: :poorvette: :dong: :mk6: :bruh:

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:25 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm I looked into X-Pel, its only 4k if the whole car is covered. A VW dealer will coover the entire front bumper, grill, partial hood and fenders (first 30%), A-pillar, head lights, under door handles, and top shelf of rear bumper for $1100 CAD, which i opted to have done when i bought the .:R. My old VW golf didn't have this coating done and my front bumper and headlights looked entirely pitted, and hood had some serious chips. I do a lot of highway around big rigs doe.
But you pay them to take off the vinyl when you buy the car, now you pay them to put vinyl back on.

:butwhy:
Because Tar basically live in Prudhoe Bay.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 am
Tarspin wrote:This guy start looking at tints yet?

I was probably going to do 30% again. Not sure when I'll get around to it. Maybe sometime in January.

I think the shop I used for my GTI carries llumar metallic tint. I know ceramic is out there but I'm not spending that kind of money on :tints:

I do 30% all around. I like it to all be the same on every window and 30% is close enough to the 50% Calif front window requirement that I don't get hassled.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:25 pm But you pay them to take off the vinyl when you buy the car, now you pay them to put vinyl back on.

Same weather, same oil haulin' rock slingin' rigs. Have you seen the tear in my headlight film? If that didn't crack the light I'd be astonished! The 401 in Ontario pulverizes the crap out of paint jobs and windshields alike, and I'm on it daily.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 am I was probably going to do 30% again. Not sure when I'll get around to it. Maybe sometime in January.

I do 30% all around. I like it to all be the same on every window and 30% is close enough to the 50% Calif front window requirement that I don't get hassled.
I agree with all of that. I went 30 on my mk6 but always thought it looked a bit tacky with the black paint job, kind of too blacked out. I feel like the blue might look better with 50

Last edited by Tar on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Plastidip the windows black so no one can see you :fap:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That defeats the purpose

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:25 pm

But you pay them to take off the vinyl when you buy the car, now you pay them to put vinyl back on.

Roughnecking it :notbad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 am I was probably going to do 30% again. Not sure when I'll get around to it. Maybe sometime in January.

I'd like to do 35% but the shop I would use doesn't carry it. It's either 30% or 40% and I got pulled over for 30% in my GTI. I have to think that was just an outlier though because I see cars way darker all the time.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 pm

I'd like to do 35% but the shop I would use doesn't carry it. It's either 30% or 40% and I got pulled over for 30% in my GTI. I have to think that was just an outlier though because I see cars way darker all the time.

:dat: is a nice looking egg.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 pm

dem rams :fap:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

40% seems a little light. I still have time though. I wonder if they're going to be able to do the small windows by the side mirrors.

As of now it'll be tint sometime in the next month or so followed by a drop in filter at 10k miles. I'll probably do the resonator delete in the spring.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:40% seems a little light. I still have time though. I wonder if they're going to be able to do the small windows by the side mirrors.

As of now it'll be tint sometime in the next month or so followed by a drop in filter at 10k miles. I'll probably do the resonator delete in the spring.
That really is my favorite coverage, it'll look great but I think this time i will be radically lighter like 50 or 65%. If i had silver, white or a handful of other colors I'd likely choose 30-35% too.

Most forum bros are getting their front triangle windows tinted but a few didn't (shop specific).
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Here is 65% backs vs no film on fronts. I'd like that all around and maybe 80% windshield. Will research something ceramic before i buy.Image
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I had 30% on my Focus and had no issues. And I got popped for 35% in my WRX its all subjective and dependent on the cop. I've had 15% all around on my GTI and Si and never had an issue. I'd definitely go 30% over 40% doe 40% is too light to be worth it
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dtraill27 wrote:I had 30% on my Focus and had no issues. And I got popped for 35% in my WRX its all subjective and dependent on the cop. I've had 15% all around on my GTI and Si and never had an issue. I'd definitely go 30% over 40% doe 40% is too light to be worth it
:like:

I have always been good with 30%, no tickets or hassles.

I feel like my tastes have changed enough that 50-70% seems right on a metallic blue or purple cars, makes me go :triggered: . I still want some UV/heat repellant doe. Not rushing into it. Things could change if gbergs car looks awesome with 30s
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 pm :popcorn:

Looking forward to seeing it when its done. I'm missing them but kind of on the fence about how the blue will look tinted.

Surf just wants to smoke dat herb in duh aRRRRRRR. :fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:09 pm Plastidip the windows black so no one can see you :fap:
insurance adjuster: sir, can you explain how did the accident happened?
gberg: well instead of tinting my windows, I decided to plasti-dip them instead.
insurance adjuster: what the [hell] is plasti-dip?
gberg: it's a removable matte black paint that you can peel it off.
insurance adjuster: well I can definitely conclude that the accident is your fault, unfortunately. Because of what you did to your car has eliminated quite a lot of visibility of your surroundings.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 pm :popcorn:

Surf just wants to smoke dat herb in duh aRRRRRRR. :fuckyeah:
:aintcare: , its legal in six mths. Driving while high is no bueno doe. That shizz needs to be reserved for a netflix and chill event nowadays.Image
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:55 pm
dtraill27 wrote:I had 30% on my Focus and had no issues. And I got popped for 35% in my WRX its all subjective and dependent on the cop. I've had 15% all around on my GTI and Si and never had an issue. I'd definitely go 30% over 40% doe 40% is too light to be worth it
:like:

I have always been good with 30%, no tickets or hassles.

I feel like my tastes have changed enough that 50-70% seems right on a metallic blue or purple cars, makes me go :triggered: . I still want some UV/heat repellant doe. Not rushing into it. Things could change if gbergs car looks awesome with 30s
Did you pick up an OBDeleven yet? They're offering 200 free credits with it until december 31st. I still have to find out how well it works with 2017's though.