Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:32 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:30 pm

In 4 deets on the lease data they tell you. Nice to have the maint agreement.
I am curious if I need to take of the :tints: since the last guy spent $600 getting the entire car tinted...
dealers can do that when they put the car on sale, it really depends whether it is legal or not. I know one guy on my local vdub club sold his A5 and the dealer itself removed the 35 fronts (in Va 50 is the limit)
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:35 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:32 pm

I am curious if I need to take of the :tints: since the last guy spent $600 getting the entire car tinted...
dealers can do that when they put the car on sale, it really depends whether it is legal or not. I know one guy on my local vdub club sold his A5 and the dealer itself removed the 35 fronts (in Va 50 is the limit)
Well I don't need the :dillerman: charging me $500 to do so. They don't work for free breh.

The fronts are certainly illegal ( i think I am at 35) and the windshield is tinted too.... at 80 :doe: so it is barely visible. The tints are perfect doe...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Well I don't need the :dillerman: charging me $500 to do so. They don't work for free breh.

The fronts are certainly illegal ( i think I am at 35) and the windshield is tinted too.... at 80 :doe: so it is barely visible. The tints are perfect doe...
I can see the 80% on windshield, it's to keep the sun away, they probably don't care on fronts imo.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:40 pm

I can see the 80% on windshield, it's to keep the sun away, they probably don't care on fronts imo.
Yea that's the only "mod" I currently have on the car... I wonder if they'll try to make me pay for the service... if they will, I am taking the car to Jiffy lube... :gaydance:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Yea that's the only "mod" I currently have on the car... I wonder if they'll try to make me pay for the service... if they will, I am taking the car to Jiffy lube... :gaydance:
lol good luck
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I was thinking about doing a lightly tinted ceramic :tint: on the windshield of the jeep.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

I was thinking about doing a lightly tinted ceramic :tint: on the windshield of the jeep.
It keeps the interior notably cooler. My seats are never too hot to sit on in the summer even after 100F in the sun days (my work parking has no cover).

Btw the one thing on the jeep that bugged me was the HT roof ... it would get HOT AF to the touch and heat up the entire interior. The fucktory sound insulation was essspensive... ~395?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

It keeps the interior notably cooler. My seats are never too hot to sit on in the summer even after 100F in the sun days (my work parking has no cover).

Btw the one thing on the jeep that bugged me was the HT roof ... it would get HOT AF to the touch and heat up the entire interior. The fucktory sound insulation was essspensive... ~395?
That insulation works though, for sound and heat.

My JKU is always much cooler than my friend's JKU here at work after a day in the parking lot.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:01 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:54 pm

That insulation works though, for sound and heat.

My JKU is always much cooler than my friend's JKU here at work after a day in the parking lot.
Since my BMW thread is now a Jeep thread... :lol: Looks like it would be on my "mod" list for the jeep also. Dang... that thing is growing... Lights/sound/insulation ~2k already... on a vehicle I don't yet have :gaydance:
SAWCE

I hadn't even thought of insulation for the HT. I'll have to see how it feels next summer. The ceramic tint is more for UV rejection without having to get a dark shade. Dat skin cancer doe.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:29 pm I hadn't even thought of insulation for the HT. I'll have to see how it feels next summer. The ceramic tint is more for UV rejection without having to get a dark shade. Dat skin cancer doe.
Almost every car window has UV "rejection" built in since those rays tend to destroy interiors.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:39 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:29 pm I hadn't even thought of insulation for the HT. I'll have to see how it feels next summer. The ceramic tint is more for UV rejection without having to get a dark shade. Dat skin cancer doe.
Almost every car window has UV "rejection" built in since those rays tend to destroy interiors.
:word: ? I didn't know that. I'll have to do some reading. Just got a quote from a shop down here. $180 for the base level ceramic on windshield and the two front door windows, $220 for the next level up, $280 for top tier shit. All approved by the Skin Cancer Foundation. I'll do some research before plopping any money down doe.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:43 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:39 pm

:word: ? I didn't know that. I'll have to do some reading. Just got a quote from a shop down here. $180 for the base level ceramic on windshield and the two front door windows, $220 for the next level up, $280 for top tier shit. All approved by the Skin Cancer Foundation. I'll do some research before plopping any money down doe.
Those sound like OK prices. I'd use 3M tint, they make good stuff.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Those sound like OK prices. I'd use 3M tint, they make good stuff.
I've always had 3M before AFAIK. They quoted me Suntek. I saw a few shops that use 3M products, so I'll get quotes from them too.
Clownshoobie
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Clownshoe

A quick check in regarding my wife's German Camry: 2012 328i.

-40k miles
-Replaced Valvetronic motor
-Replaced front and rears brakes/rotors
-Failed Thermostat
-Failed rear main seal, clutch is oil soaked and slips.

It's worth about 1/3 of what we paid for it (1/4 if you consider interest and repairs). Mrs. Clownshoe wants it gone, because it's a soul-less drone, with all the excitement of a Cuisinart.

Any takers?
max225

Clownshoobie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:00 pm A quick check in regarding my wife's German Camry: 2012 328i.

-40k miles
-Failed Thermostat

It's worth about 1/3 of what we paid for it (1/4 if you consider interest and repairs). Mrs. Clownshoe wants it gone, because it's a soul-less drone, with all the excitement of a Cuisinart.

Any takers?
$50
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote:
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:39 pm Almost every car window has UV "rejection" built in since those rays tend to destroy interiors.
:popcorn: , im :notsure: if tints will keep the int in better shape. If so i might consider a really light shade.

Let us know :wat: you find out.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Clownshoobie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:00 pm A quick check in regarding my wife's German Camry: 2012 328i.

-40k miles
-Failed Thermostat

Any takers?
Build date of September by any chance? :iswydt:
Sounds like another drunken Oktoberfest fuckup.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:

-40k miles
-Failed Thermostat

Any takers?
$50
:dat: , will still cost 3k/yr in maintenance. :disgust:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

-40k miles
-Failed Thermostat

Any takers?
https://jalopnik.com/this-guy-documents ... 1819955046 -- This Guy Documents Nearly A Year Of Quality Problems With His Tesla Model S
Desertbreh

-40k miles
-Failed Thermostat

Any takers?
That failed main seal really ups the ante in terms of desirability. Do want.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

#firstyearBMW :nope:
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:28 pm

-40k miles
-Failed Thermostat

Any takers?
https://jalopnik.com/this-guy-documents ... 1819955046 -- This Guy Documents Nearly A Year Of Quality Problems With His Tesla Model S
Ironically I somehow watched this video right before the jalop plug. The dude is kind of an anal turdfest :millennial: doe ... some of his issues are annoying tho...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:41 pm #firstyearBMW :nope:
First model year anything is a non starter for me.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:42 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Ironically I somehow watched this video right before the jalop plug. The dude is kind of an anal turdfest :millennial: doe ... some of his issues are annoying tho...
I really dont blame him for complaining. He has an expectation for this ride and paid for it. He is using the warranty as he should. Annoying yes but we would all want our expensive rides to be meeting our expectations as best as can be.