MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:59 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm

:225:
Pointing out the obvious flaws doesn't mean that I am unhappy it is being realistic.

If you're driving a 1993 Chevy S10 pickup and think it is the best vehicle in the world more power to you .
I'm just having fun lol. Of course a car just as old as me is something i wouldn't be happy about.

Yeah I love my gti and all, but there are some things that can be irritating, but for the price I pay, there isn't that much better cars out there that ticks all my boxes. Same goes for the other cars that I consider going next, like WRX (maybe STI), Mustang 5oh, possibly GLI, e92 335i, etc. I may probably try the new si coupe, depends on my driving situation when the time comes.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm

I am perfectly happy in my 335i. Thank you very much. And I am also happy to move on to something else.
The RC would be an epic drive. Basically brand new with CPO warranty. How much do those go for?

It’s like a Japanese Dodge Challenger SRT
New around 68-80k, depending on options. Also they have about 8-10k sitting on the hood.

Used follow my link... 44-50k at dealers. The one I posted is in the rare blue color. Since most are White/black or gray. :disgust:
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 pm By those I meant the CPO warranty. Is it like 6 years 100k?
I believe for Lexus it is +2 years/unlimited miles.

So you can drive it to the moon and back if you wished.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm

The RC would be an epic drive. Basically brand new with CPO warranty. How much do those go for?

It’s like a Japanese Dodge Challenger SRT
New around 68-80k, depending on options. Also they have about 8-10k sitting on the hood.

Used follow my link... 44-50k at dealers. The one I posted is in the rare blue color. Since most are White/black or gray. :disgust:
Damn, that's quite a loss.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 pm By those I meant the CPO warranty. Is it like 6 years 100k?

I would :doit:

For your lifestyle you don’t need a straight up sports car. It seems the RC is a sweet price for a sweet car that has luxury comfort and performance when you need it.

:iono:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Damn, that's quite a loss.
Aint nobody buying coupes nowadays... :truk: or :jeep:
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 pm

I would :doit:

For your lifestyle you don’t need a straight up sports car. It seems the RC is a sweet price for a sweet car that has luxury comfort and performance when you need it.

:iono:
Which is why I am holding it up high on the next car list.

:dang: lexus also includes a loaner vehicle for the life of the warranty
4 free services for 2 years or 20k miles whichever comes first.
#notbad
That thing has a 10 quart oil drysump oil system because Mallracekar
Also..

:255: up front and :275: outback on michelins.. so it should have more grip than my :225: s

All make for a compelling next car case.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:21 pm You need to stop trying to satisfy other people. Get what you want because YOU want it. Fuck what your mail order FOB bitches have to say about it. At the end of the day it’s your satisfaction
I added it as amusement for you gays. I :aintcare:
Yeah, I enjoyed the commentary :iono:

Regardless of if what people think effects purchasing decisions, it is always fascinating to me. Reactions from people are amazing:

-Every time my buddy and I are together in his NA Miata, some douche bro in a :truk: rolls down the window and yells "Fags"... seriously, every time. :mindblown:

-When I drove alone in MY NA, women always rolled down their windows and made positive comments like "I wish I was in there with you" :hue:

-Everyone assumes I am very :waxer: in the :poorvette: , but the :turboyaris: that was 30% more expensive went unnoticed by most other than other young-ish dudes.

-Rental car agents always think that a bigger car is "better".

-AZN college students who I picked up in Yellowstone told me I was the most American man they'd met because I was driving a Challenger.

Perception is very interesting and whether we admit it or not, we all care to some extent.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 pm

I added it as amusement for you gays. I :aintcare:

Regardless of if what people think effects purchasing decisions, it is always fascinating to me. Reactions from people are amazing:

-Every time my buddy and I are together in his NA Miata, some douche bro in a :truk: rolls down the window and yells "Fags"... seriously, every time. :mindblown:

-When I drove alone in MY NA, women always rolled down their windows and made positive comments like "I wish I was in there with you" :hue:

-Everyone assumes I am very :waxer: in the :poorvette: , but the :turboyaris: that was 30% more expensive went unnoticed by most other than other young-ish dudes.

-AZN college students who I picked up in Yellowstone told me I was the most American man they'd met because I was driving a Challenger.

Perception is very interesting and whether we admit it or not, we all care to some extent.
Glad you at least appreciated it brah ! Reactions are hilarious to me. I mean I drove a turdi for 5 years which everyone told me is a clown car for me... yet it had the most front seat head room out of any vehicle I ever owned.

I :aintcare:

I want to explore he automotive landscape some more ... I got lucky with my last gig if the “luck” continues I may be finally able to afford a real fun car down the road...

Sadly the standards keep rising with every purchase so it is Hard to stay reasonable
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Glad you at least appreciated it brah ! Reactions are hilarious to me. I mean I drove a turdi for 5 years which everyone told me is a clown car for me... yet it had the most front seat head room out of any vehicle I ever owned.

I want to explore he automotive landscape some more ... I got lucky with my last gig if the “luck” continues I may be finally able to afford a real fun car down the road...

Sadly the standards keep rising with every purchase so it is Hard to stay reasonable
Viper. :doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Standards rising is a real thing...

A part of me still kinda wants to :plac: to the FRZ86... but man, I think that would just be slow as ballz after the :turboyaris: and :poorvette: . Real first world problems.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:Standards rising is a real thing...

A part of me still kinda wants to :plac: to the FRZ86... but man, I think that would just be slow as ballz after the :turboyaris: and :poorvette: . Real first world problems.
I'd have gotten an FRZ if they weren't more money than the RX8. V8 noises are the only thing I miss from the :poorvette:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:I’d go RCF for the engine note alone. That 5.0L V8 sounds fantastic.
:dat:

Those things are made for Max.
max225

It’s literally that or the :jeep: and I must be the only :derp: cross shopping them
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:22 pm

I love the viper. The main issue is it makes a shitty only car. And imo it is a forever vehicle also, since they sure as hell won’t make any more of em
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am

I love the viper. The main issue is it makes a shitty only car. And imo it is a forever vehicle also, since they sure as hell won’t make any more of em
Viper plus :turboyaris:

:micdrop:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Or just keep the :jeep: long enough to add a Viper to the stable later.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:35 am Or just keep the :jeep: long enough to add a Viper to the stable later.
If the economy keeps up that would be the move in 2 years. But who knows ... this golden age never lasts
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:40 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:35 am Or just keep the :jeep: long enough to add a Viper to the stable later.
If the economy keeps up that would be the move in 2 years. But who knows ... this golden age never lasts
Yeah man... the question is when do I divest my money?

The other thing is... I want a house... trouble is, if we wait util things tank, the gf's place will also tank, but if we move while her place is still worth a lot... well, everything else is still worth a lot.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:40 am

The other thing is... I want a house... trouble is, if we wait util things tank, the gf's place will also tank, but if we move while her place is still worth a lot... well, everything else is still worth a lot.
Two options:

1) Stay in her place until things tank. Buy a place together that has also tanked, and rent hers out for a little bit until the price recovers and she can sell it not at a loss.

2) Sell her place before things tank, rent something out until everything else tanks and then buy.

I like option 1 the best, although landlording can be very shitty. I'd recommend using a property manager based of my experience with being a landlord.
max225

I dunno I feel like once things "tank" ain't nobody going to be buying shit. Just like last time. Prices go down for a reason.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm I dunno I feel like once things "tank" ain't nobody going to be buying shit. Just like last time. Prices go down for a reason.
This is why I want to smartly move my money to more conservative places before things go to hell, but that's easier said than done. It continues to make :mindblown: profit.... Granted we're talking peanuts here compared to most DFDers, but it's still pretty cool. I've watched my net worth double in the past year.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Two options:

1) Stay in her place until things tank. Buy a place together that has also tanked, and rent hers out for a little bit until the price recovers and she can sell it not at a loss.

2) Sell her place before things tank, rent something out until everything else tanks and then buy.

I like option 1 the best, although landlording can be very shitty. I'd recommend using a property manager based of my experience with being a landlord.
Option two is what I would do, but it's her place, not going to happen. Plus, women are going to women, she's not going to be down with renting some cheap ass shit box, I totally would :aintcare: . If it's clean, everything works, and it's in a good area, I couldn't care less about old fixtures, formica counters, etc.
max225

Yep womenz won't sell a place... gotta have that nest for breeding.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Two options:

This is what I want to do with Lisa's place. Buy a tanked house, move in, and rent hers out. Philly prices got out of control last year.