Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:39 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:10 am You could get an HHR SS with the 2.0T, :manuel: mechanical LSD and Brembros. I've often considered finding one as a winter beater.
:gag: :nope:
:plaid: :doe:

:megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote:
:notbad: does it suck? Also... pre-bro'd. I'd get to keep my flatbrims.
Kinda big for the city.
But it is Super White so everyone will see it coming and get out of the way.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 am
Kinda big for the city.
Yea but who will dare park by feel next to your mean lookin’ 4bronner
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 am

Kinda big for the city.
Yea but who will dare park by feel next to your mean lookin’ 4bronner
Anyone because people give no fucks and those bumpers are still just plastic. They'll dent and scratch just like any other will.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I actually really like how these 4Runners look .
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am I actually really like how these 4Runners look .
I don't hate them. Don't necessarily love them. Some odd angles. Interiors are beyond due for a refresh at this point, very outdated. As is the 5 speed automatic trans. That's part of the appeal though, literally nothing will break on this because it's so old all the platform's kinks have been worked out at this point.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:59 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am I actually really like how these 4Runners look .
I don't hate them. Don't necessarily love them. Some odd angles. Interiors are beyond due for a refresh at this point, very outdated. As is the 5 speed automatic trans. That's part of the appeal though, literally nothing will break on this because it's so old all the platform's kinks have been worked out at this point.
Hasn’t Toyota made 6 speeds or more that are competitive ? Say in a tundra or taco

Makes no sense to run that 5, then again they have record sales so why bother
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Hasn’t Toyota made 6 speeds or more that are competitive ? Say in a tundra or taco

My rental 2018 camry has 8 speed also
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Ah, I haven't seen any interior pics and I'm not educated on transmissions and stuff. I just go based on looks :gay:
Johnny_P

Oh yeah they have transmissions they could plug into this but :whocares: because they keep selling them.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

That engine/5 speed combo has always been insanely bulletproof. In 10+ years with Toyota I'd say I only ever had single digits fail.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:31 pm

That engine/5 speed combo has always been insanely bulletproof. In 10+ years with Toyota I'd say I only ever had single digits fail.
If it ain't broke...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:22 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:39 am

:gag: :nope:

I think you go :megusta: over anything orange. This is a test. It's so much of a test that I am telling you it's a test and I think you'll still admit you like it.

ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:22 am

I think you go :megusta: over anything orange. This is a test. It's so much of a test that I am telling you it's a test and I think you'll still admit you like it.

Good looking :poop: :iono:

:trollface:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My buddy just bought a 4 Runner TRD, not the TRD Bro. Thing looks sweet. This guy knows NOTHING about cars, doesn't care that a 5 speed transmission is so 1999, doesn't drive fast, just wants the burly looks and wants it to start for 10 years....he doesn't :plac: Truck is perfect for him.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:48 pm My buddy just bought a 4 Runner TRD, not the TRD Bro. Thing looks sweet. This guy knows NOTHING about cars, doesn't care that a 5 speed transmission is so 1999, doesn't drive fast, just wants the burly looks and wants it to start for 10 years....he doesn't :plac: Truck is perfect for him.
Hope he doesn't want a decent infotainment system designed before 2005.

The new one we rented while in Seattle a few weeks back was terribro on the interior and stereo head unit. All around that truck needs a 100% redesign to be comparable to something other than the Xterra, which is even older.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:48 pm My buddy just bought a 4 Runner TRD, not the TRD Bro. Thing looks sweet. This guy knows NOTHING about cars, doesn't care that a 5 speed transmission is so 1999, doesn't drive fast, just wants the burly looks and wants it to start for 10 years....he doesn't :plac: Truck is perfect for him.

The new one we rented while in Seattle a few weeks back was terribro on the interior and stereo head unit. All around that truck needs a 100% redesign to be comparable to something other than the Xterra, which is even older.
Nope. Can you play songs from your phone on it? That's all he would need. Apple Car Play, etc? :aintcare: Dude just DOES NOT CARE about the latest and greatest anything, be it number of transmission gears or anything else.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Nope. Can you play songs from your phone on it? That's all he would need. Apple Car Play, etc? :aintcare: Dude just DOES NOT CARE about the latest and greatest anything, be it number of transmission gears or anything else.
:impressive:

Why didn't he just buy a Prius :doe: ?
Johnny_P

She said no to the Kia Soul and the Subaru Forester. So there's that. She's curious about the Prius, Rav4, and the smiley face Mazda3.

Might try and find a 5 cyl Sportwagen for her to check out. She loves station wagons. Used VW doe :thisisfine:
Johnny_P

They could probably just pull a :doge: and refresh the bumpers, interior, and infotainment again and keep selling it for another 5 years. Agree the infotainment gets 0/7 flatbrim points. The gauge cluster with that TI-89 screen too, lol.

How did it drive, overall?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barely.

The thing was brand new with 5 miles on it, but felt as old as my 2011 Xterra.

I used to be a pretty big Toyota fan, but the new stuff just isn't very nice IMO.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:16 pm

They could probably just pull a :doge: and refresh the bumpers, interior, and infotainment again and keep selling it for another 5 years. Agree the infotainment gets 0/7 flatbrim points. The gauge cluster with that TI-89 screen too, lol.

How did it drive, overall?
It was pretty unimpressive for a new truck. I did put it into 4H and throw some Woodinville mud on the truck, but it might as well have been my 2001 Tacoma TRD 4 door based on features.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 pm

:impressive:

Why didn't he just buy a Prius :doe: ?
Because he "likes to sit up high" TRUK BRO.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What bit rate does your bluetooth transfer songs at ?
What is the best type of music you can store on your SD drive to play through speakers?
What is the pixel density of the infotainment screen?
Can you play soundcloud mixes?
Can you get live parking spot updates?
What about gas station info pricing?

WELCOME TO 2018 BROHAM. :gtfo: with that old man shit. :lol:
Last edited by max225 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:14 pm She said no to the Kia Soul and the Subaru Forester. So there's that. She's curious about the Prius, Rav4, and the smiley face Mazda3.

Might try and find a 5 cyl Sportwagen for her to check out. She loves station wagons. Used VW doe :thisisfine:
I know a guy that sells Mazderps and Vtroubleyous.
Oh, right.... :crang: new friend at that other dealer.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to hit him up.

:trollface: