Waxer's Gold Chain and Mullet Barge thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Goldchain wagon & Mullet Barge

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm

JKU getting detailed. Will have a 2+ step correction + Cquartz Finest Reserve applied.

Lots of disassembly and taping needed on jeeps and lots of 3" polisher and hand polishing needed due to size and shape of panels.

I'm on my last bag of peas.

Desertbreh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:43 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm
JKU getting detailed. Will have a 2+ step correction + Cquartz Finest Reserve applied.

Lots of disassembly and taping needed on jeeps and lots of 3" polisher and hand polishing needed due to size and shape of panels.

Looks tight. Flat fenders while you're at it?

CorvetteWaxer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:44 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
I am thinking about it next along with a small lift & level as well as bigger tires and wheels.

Desertbreh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
I am thinking about it next along with a small lift & level as well as bigger tires and wheels.
I really like the FF's. I have no love for the stock ramz and slight lift looks good. I think I'd look into some brake improvements if I did that though. Or maybe just period.

CorvetteWaxer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

I really like the FF's. I have no love for the stock ramz and slight lift looks good. I think I'd look into some brake improvements if I did that though. Or maybe just period.
I'm trying to keep things under control since it's the wife's daily driver, but brakes would be nice... I am currently planning on the lift/level, fenders, wheels and tires and replacing the headlights with some new LED projectors.

max225
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: Kraut Kamry

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:

I'm trying to keep things under control since it's the wife's daily driver, but brakes would be nice... I am currently planning on the lift/level, fenders, wheels and tires and replacing the headlights with some new LED projectors.
Do the projectors bolt in ? And are they any good ?

Also what brakes are you planning ? What are the best options?
If I get a JKU, I'd like to do brakes/projectors and stereo (i'm shopping non alpines) and call it a day.
I hate modding but those things need to be addressed.

max225
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:24 pm

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7 ... f416e72f3b

Teraflex seems like a good option, but anything more beefy for not that much more money?

Desertbreh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:

Nobody complains about better brakes, man or woman.

max225
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 pm

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc- ... gLOYPD_BwE

This is the best OEM upgrade it seems. Even includes a bigger master cylinder. But man that's a lot of parts.

Davestr
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Dat is some serious detailing.......fkn A!

Tarspin

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Impressive prep work man

CorvetteWaxer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:52 pm

max225 wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

If I get a JKU, I'd like to do brakes/projectors and stereo (i'm shopping non alpines) and call it a day.
I haven't looked into the brakes yet, but they would be appreciated for sure.

As for the lights, yes... they are bolt in replacements and the reviews are really good. There are a million of them as they use a standard 7" round light and China knocks everything off. If you go to youtube there are a lot of reviews and head to heads, but I still think the JW Speaker kit is attractive and it doesn't need any stupid harnesses or anti-flicker devices..

This goes over the install, very simple:

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Kürbis

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

What wheels/tires are you looking at? Terraflex would be fine for a mild lift, don't think you need anything more than 2-3" for some additional Mall Krawler points. If you wanted to be more :waxer: I'd grab an AEV kit.

JW Speaker headlights are 5/7 and a simple bolt-in. Lighting upgrades for these are super easy and not terribly expensive.

CorvetteWaxer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Apex wrote:
What wheels/tires are you looking at? Terraflex would be fine for a mild lift, don't think you need anything more than 2-3" for some additional Mall Krawler points. If you wanted to be more :waxer: I'd grab an AEV kit.

JW Speaker headlights are 5/7 and a simple bolt-in. Lighting upgrades for these are super easy and not terribly expensive.
It's gotta be mild since the wife drives it. She likes the whole 4X4 aspect and all, but doesn't want a rope ladder to get in. :)

Also, I'm not going to spend a ton on it until I am the driver. She'll still find a way to curb a wheel that as 8 inches of tire protecting it.

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm
Apex wrote:

It's gotta be mild since the wife drives it. She likes the whole 4X4 aspect and all, but doesn't want a rope ladder to get in. :)

Also, I'm not going to spend a ton on it until I am the driver. She'll still find a way to curb a wheel that as 8 inches of tire protecting it.
2.5" lift with some 35s would be :tits: IMO.

max225
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:04 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
max225 wrote:

As for the lights, yes... they are bolt in replacements and the reviews are really good. There are a million of them as they use a standard 7" round light and China knocks everything off. If you go to youtube there are a lot of reviews and head to heads, but I still think the JW Speaker kit is attractive and it doesn't need any stupid harnesses or anti-flicker devices..

Believe it or not but I actually spent some time researching the options... It seems that a lot of guys complain about Chinese lights, sporadic complaints with no clear consensus on whats best. There are tons of aftermarket options as I have mentioned. Some of the nicer ones are closer to 1k a set for Chinese shit :disgust: how much is the OEM solution? How about regular LED/HID bulbs?

I have had really bad luck with chinese lights.

Desertbreh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:28 pm

max225 wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Believe it or not but I actually spent some time researching the options... It seems that a lot of guys complain about Chinese lights, sporadic complaints with no clear consensus on whats best. There are tons of aftermarket options as I have mentioned. Some of the nicer ones are closer to 1k a set for Chinese shit :disgust: how much is the OEM solution? How about regular LED/HID bulbs?

No way.

CorvetteWaxer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

max225 wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Yeah, that's why I think I'm going with JW Speaker, made in the USA by a well established company.

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:45 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm
max225 wrote:

Yeah, that's why I think I'm going with JW Speaker, made in the USA by a well established company.
:dat:

OEM Mopar LED retrofit is somewhere between $750-1000 I think??

SAWCE
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: MKVI GTI

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

FFs are just to help fit larger wheels/tires?
:sawce:

Desertbreh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:29 pm

SAWCE wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:

And to help pick up busty Latinas @ the mall.

SAWCE
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: MKVI GTI

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
SAWCE wrote:

I sure do like busy Latinas, Cotton.
:sawce:

Desertbreh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:42 pm

SAWCE wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

I sure do like busy Latinas, Cotton.
:dat: :zing:

• Information