Sawce's contest prep...

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm It's weird that you don't actually look "big" in the legs/arms without a reference. Your legs look like they could be the same size as mine, but they're probably double in reality.
You're not wrong. My legs are definitely smaller than I'd like them, and where I'm hoping to add the most size before the competition. My arms are a little undersized too. My chest/back are relatively big, and where I carry and develop muscle easiest.

For reference, my bro-in-law that I'm doing the competition with is the same height as me, and just about the same weight, but his arms about an inch bigger around, and his thighs are closer to two inches bigger around than mine.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Looking good, man! Still can't believe how quickly you're putting on good weight, it's insane.

Body types are a weird deal. You and I are pretty much exact opposites. I put on size in my legs and arms easy as can be, but I have a real hard time getting that thickness across my back that I'd really like to have. I pretty much don't train my arms at all anymore because they start to look silly compared to the rest of me, and if I just look at a squat rack my legs seem to grow.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 pm Looking good, man! Still can't believe how quickly you're putting on good weight, it's insane.

Body types are a weird deal. You and I are pretty much exact opposites. I put on size in my legs and arms easy as can be, but I have a real hard time getting that thickness across my back that I'd really like to have. I pretty much don't train my arms at all anymore because they start to look silly compared to the rest of me, and if I just look at a squat rack my legs seem to grow.
I'd love that. Arms and legs make such a big difference in a physique.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:55 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 pm Looking good, man! Still can't believe how quickly you're putting on good weight, it's insane.

Makes finding pants difficult, doe. :disappoint:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 pm

The pants problem is real.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Just don't wear any.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Just don't wear any.

:notbad:
SAWCE

I can imagine.. Even at my current leg size my pants are pretty tight in the thighs unless I size up from my normal 32" waist size or just get a relaxed fit cut. Trying to find a new style of jeans, so if you have any that work for you, I'd like to hear them to try. Currently doing Levi's 541 "athletic slim fit".. Was a nice step up from thier normal slim fit, but I've now outgrown them, even with a stepped up 34" waist.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:28 pm I can imagine.. Even at my current leg size my pants are pretty tight in the thighs unless I size up from my normal 32" waist size or just get a relaxed fit cut. Trying to find a new style of jeans, so if you have any that work for you, I'd like to hear them to try. Currently doing Levi's 541 "athletic slim fit".. Was a nice step up from thier normal slim fit, but I've now outgrown them, even with a stepped up 34" waist.
Those are what I wear, actually. I've stepped up one size in the waist and I never put them in the dryer. They're far from comfortable, but they've stretched out enough to be wearable, at least. I've seen some jeans online that are meant for dudes who lift, they're supposedly kind of stretchy like women's jeans, but with the number of jeans I had to try on to find a pair that even sort of fit I'm rather leery of buying $100+ pairs of jeans online without being able to try them on first.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:21 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:28 pm I can imagine.. Even at my current leg size my pants are pretty tight in the thighs unless I size up from my normal 32" waist size or just get a relaxed fit cut. Trying to find a new style of jeans, so if you have any that work for you, I'd like to hear them to try. Currently doing Levi's 541 "athletic slim fit".. Was a nice step up from thier normal slim fit, but I've now outgrown them, even with a stepped up 34" waist.
Those are what I wear, actually. I've stepped up one size in the waist and I never put them in the dryer. They're far from comfortable, but they've stretched out enough to be wearable, at least. I've seen some jeans online that are meant for dudes who lift, they're supposedly kind of stretchy like women's jeans, but with the number of jeans I had to try on to find a pair that even sort of fit I'm rather leery of buying $100+ pairs of jeans online without being able to try them on first.
Ah, yeah I dry mine, so they shrank a bit, but they've also stretched a bit for me. I've seen those other brands online too.. Bro-in-law sent me a link to some company called Barbell apparel or something where they jeans looked like they had good sized thigh areas, but they were $125+ and just like you said, if I'm dropping that kind of money on specialty pants, I want to make sure they fit well and look good first.
SAWCE

Didn’t post my check in here last week, but I was 219. This morning I was 221.4.

Back is still overpowering everything else. Arms are finally starting to feel like they’re gaining a bit. Legs are still weenie. Added in a new drug this week, but I shouldn’t see any effects from it for a few weeks based on the ester they attach to it.
SAWCE

Haven’t checked in in a while. Things have slowed down a lot. Bro-in-law decided he’s not going to want to compete twice this year, so I’ll be competing solo out here in San Diego on December 1 instead of in Texas on November 4. Extra month of prep means hopefully adding an extra pound or two of muscle. Here is today’s check-in at all all time high weight for me of 224.4lbs. Week 13.

Back is getting wide, belly is getting round :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:jimp:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

How we doing?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote:How we doing?
Fell off postin weekly pics.. but here is a comparison of Jan 6 and yesterday June 10. Obviously we have much different lighting and camera angle, and the picture on the right from yesterday I’m flexing and have a pump from having just lifted, but there is still obvious improvement.

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:25 pm
Fell off postin weekly pics.. but here is a comparison of Jan 6 and yesterday June 10. Obviously we have much different lighting and camera angle, and the picture on the right from yesterday I’m flexing and have a pump from having just lifted, but there is still obvious improvement.

I'd say so. Nice work dude. Your back must be as wide as a door judging by that photo
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Good split on the quads. Would say the arms could use some focus at this juncture.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Good split on the quads. Would say the arms could use some focus at this juncture.
Thank you, and I completely agree. I told my coach I’d like to start focusing on them a little harder going forward, so we’ll see what he does about that. We’ll keep leaning me out for a few more weeks, and then one last bulk for a few months before we really have to cut for the show. Arms arent a terrible size right now at 17”, but I’m so damn tall that they still look lanky. I’d love to get them up to at least 19”.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:44 pm

I'd say so. Nice work dude. Your back must be as wide as a door judging by that photo
Thanks man!! Back is by far what I consider to be my best body part. Not quite filling out door frames yet, but that’s the goal!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:jimp: lookin good dude!
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 pm :jimp: lookin good dude!
Thanks!! I’m really excited to see where we’re able to take this in the next 6 months.
SAWCE

Coach thinks I've leaned out enough for now, time to start growing again. Pushing the food hard..

Breakfast:
4 eggs, 1 cup oats, 250g egg whites, 2 fit and light greek yogurt cups.

Meal 2:
9oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 1oz nuts.

Meal 3:
9oz turkey, 1 cup rice.

Meal 4:
9oz chicken, 1tbsp olive oil.

Meal 5:
8oz 90% lean beef or steak, 1 cup rice (or two flour tortillas).

Meal 6:
50g of protein from whey, 2tbsp peanut butter.

Pre workout:
2 rice crispy treats.

Intra workout:
20g gatorade powder.

Post workout:
1 banana, 50g protein from whey.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dats a lotta grub.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm Dats a lotta grub.
Yeah.. I'm two meals deep for the day and feeling pretty full. We'll run this for 9 weeks, and then start the actual contest prep 16 weeks out.
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Rice crispy treats for a preworkout meal. :megusta: