Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 pm Road bike incoming.

Your move, pflugtag.
:popcorn:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:21 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 pm Road bike incoming.

Your move, pflugtag.
You're next.

Or are you? I've lost track.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:31 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:21 pm

You're next.

Or are you? I've lost track.
:iono: Too many bikes bought by people other than pflugtag it keeps throwing the list off.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I bought one this year, fuckers
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:17 pm I bought one this year, fuckers
Wrong one, doe.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:17 pm I bought one this year, fuckers
Wrong one, doe.
It goes on dirt doe :rolleyes:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:09 pm

It goes on dirt doe :rolleyes:
It doesn't get rad, doe. :sissyfight:
:idbu:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:31 pm

:idbu:
Ride it at Blue? :trollface:
NO BALLS
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:46 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Ride it at Blue? :trollface:
NO BALLS
:lolol:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So I acquired a practically brand new 2015 Giant Defy 1 this afternoon in a spur of the moment kind of deal... for $450. The bike is mint. Alloy frame, carbon fork, newer Conti Gatorskin tires, Shimano 105 11-32 double. Freshly tuned up at the start of the season.

Couldn't say no for the money, and I should easily get the money back if I need to sell it down the road.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/defy-1-2015

Now, for spandex.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:18 pm So I acquired a practically brand new 2015 Giant Defy 1 this afternoon in a spur of the moment kind of deal... for $450. The bike is mint. Alloy frame, carbon fork, newer Conti Gatorskin tires, Shimano 105 11-32 double. Freshly tuned up at the start of the season.

Couldn't say no for the money, and I should easily get the money back if I need to sell it down the road.

Now, for spandex.
:fuckyeah:

Apex is next. All aboard the pain train!
:notsure: where I'd keep a roadie... But I kinda want one.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 pm

:fuckyeah:

Apex is next. All aboard the pain train!
:notsure: where I'd keep a roadie... But I kinda want one.
:doit:
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:18 pm So I acquired a practically brand new 2015 Giant Defy 1 this afternoon in a spur of the moment kind of deal... for $450. The bike is mint. Alloy frame, carbon fork, newer Conti Gatorskin tires, Shimano 105 11-32 double. Freshly tuned up at the start of the season.

Now, for spandex.
:jimp:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I think I'm going to start following this thread to learn more about :dicks: , I'm realizing I don't know much but am riding pretty often, weekly.

I'm going to order the saddle [user not found] suggested, other than that my :dicks: is in good working order for now. I'll probably rebuild the fork this winter, Fox suggests the maintenance interval is actually really short IIRC. I'm actually liking the Orbea more and more over time, was a bit :notsure: on it for a while but it's holding up well to abuse on the trail and I'm getting very comfortable on it over time.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm I think I'm going to start following this thread to learn more about :dicks: , I'm realizing I don't know much but am riding pretty often, weekly.

I'm going to order the saddle [user not found] suggested, other than that my :dicks: is in good working order for now. I'll probably rebuild the fork this winter, Fox suggests the maintenance interval is actually really short IIRC. I'm actually liking the Orbea more and more over time, was a bit :notsure: on it for a while but it's holding up well to abuse on the trail and I'm getting very comfortable on it over time.
Service it every other year or so and it should be fine. I wouldn’t go longer than that. Shouldn’t be super costly at the LBS.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm I think I'm going to start following this thread to learn more about :dicks: , I'm realizing I don't know much but am riding pretty often, weekly.

Service it every other year or so and it should be fine. I wouldn’t go longer than that. Shouldn’t be super costly at the LBS.
I'll look into :doit: myself and see what it entails, otherwise take it in. :iono: for whatever reason I don't really enjoy working on bikes as much as cars, but maybe it's just lack of experience.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:50 pm

I'll look into :doit: myself and see what it entails, otherwise take it in. :iono: for whatever reason I don't really enjoy working on bikes as much as cars, but maybe it's just lack of experience.
There are a lot more small dinky fragile parts on bikes. Shouldn’t be too hard to DIY the Fox. Service is new seals, wipers, and oil and that’s about it. If you have a bench vice you should be able to do it.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:58 pm

There are a lot more small dinky fragile parts on bikes. Shouldn’t be too hard to DIY the Fox. Service is new seals, wipers, and oil and that’s about it. If you have a bench vice you should be able to do it.
I do everything but pressing in/out bearings and fork service. Everything else is pretty easy.

I was lucky in college and the cycling team I was a member of/an officer in organized clinic nights at the local shops so you could learn how to work on your own bikes.

I spent a lot of time wrenching on my own stuff that way.
Yeah to do bearings right you need a bearing press, and that's NGH for me. I'll gladly pay a shop that has the right tools. Kind of the same with wheel truing, I can't true a wheel for shit and the stand is expensive so meh. Only needs to be done a few times in a wheel's life anyway.

I take the fork to get serviced at a shop, but it's really pretty easy from what I've seen. I'd give it a go if I had a repair stand or something to put the fork into.
Johnny_P

Trance 29er is back

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/news/a ... ces-52793/

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/bikes ... ro-29-2019
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-29-2-2019

The blue aluminum one is pretty. Looks like there's an orange/gold mid tier aluminum one coming out as well with the carbon wheels.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:08 pm Trance 29er is back

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/news/a ... ces-52793/

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/bikes ... ro-29-2019
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-29-2-2019

The blue aluminum one is pretty. Looks like there's an orange/gold mid tier aluminum one coming out as well with the carbon wheels.
But you didn't like the trance, doe?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 am
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:46 pm

But you didn't like the trance, doe?
:deadhorse:

I'm actually rather happy with my current bike stable. Changing the road bike to something more comfy would be nice. Eventually I'll upgrade the All City to something lighter. FS mountain bike would be rad but my hardtail is fine now that I've upgraded it.

:iono: none of them are horrible as is. Roadie feels better now that I found the saddle had shifted, so I put that back and it seems to be more comfy again. And the MTB is workable, and honestly a hardail works well for Belmont and riding to/from trails.

If I get a FS MTB I'd need a better way to get to the trailheads I think. 16 miles on the road on a FS sounds :disgust:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:40 pm

If I get a FS MTB I'd need a better way to get to the trailheads I think. 16 miles on the road on a FS sounds :disgust:
Has STI, won't travel.

Or Vape.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Has STI, won't travel.

Or Vape.
I told my buddy I'd buy his roof rack bars from him and I haven't acted on that :oops:
Reality is, the STI blows for driving to/from the trails around here because you've got to cross center city to do so. So much stop and go and congestion and traffic that it's honestly complete shit to drive it and I really don't want to. Plus I'd have to drive the car to the house and load up, then do the reverse of that when I got back. Driving my car down my street is nerve wracking, even just turning down my street is an exercise in anxiety due to the high likelihood I'll clip the curb making the turn. I'm really just making excuses doe. I plainly have no desire to drive a car through this city. I wouldn't mind nearly as much in a not sporty automatic, and that's what's fueling my recent plac thoughts for a dopey CUV.
Johnny_P

It really makes me super :sad: that I don't want to drive my car around anywhere. I love driving it, but I really don't love being stuck in traffic with a stick shift, or on trashed roads with a sporty car, or finding parking there and again when I get home. It's such a massive hassle, and riding to/from the trails is honestly probably faster anyway than getting the car, loading it, driving, parking, unloading, gearing up, etc.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:05 pm

:deadhorse:

I'm actually rather happy with my current bike stable. Changing the road bike to something more comfy would be nice. Eventually I'll upgrade the All City to something lighter. FS mountain bike would be rad but my hardtail is fine now that I've upgraded it.

:iono: none of them are horrible as is. Roadie feels better now that I found the saddle had shifted, so I put that back and it seems to be more comfy again. And the MTB is workable, and honestly a hardail works well for Belmont and riding to/from trails.

FWIW, if I lock out the suspension on the Whorbea, it's perfectly fine on the roads. I ride to-from the trail all the time.
That would probably work. I should just shut up and buy something I guess.