Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:53 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:44 am

Road trip? Come stay at the povmahal in south philly. You like long haired cats and pit bulls?
Long haired cats are sweet. Only cool with some pit bulls. Not cool with the one that attacked my neighbor's golden.

Road trip may happen at some point. My wife works for a company HQ'd in Philly, I'm hoping to tag along the next time she goes since I've never been.
:mahtroy: :mahtroy: :mahtroy:
:mahtroy: :coogles: :mahtroy:
:mahtroy: :mahtroy: :mahtroy:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I'm thinking about Nox saturday morning, or six mile if the rain holds off tomorrow.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am I'm thinking about Nox saturday morning, or six mile if the rain holds off tomorrow.
Does nox drain well?

Weekend will likely be a soupy mess at places that don't drain well. Wiss might be rideable but Belmont won't, for example.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:50 am
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:01 am

:hai:
With the chances of rain on Saturday and Sunday I think six mile is out. Mercer? Nox?
I could be down. We'll see what the weather does this weekend.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:troywax:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:51 pm :troywax:

Yussssss
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Alright. Monday looks good. Where are we riding?

Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:44 am Alright. Monday looks good. Where are we riding?

:popcorn:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:44 am Alright. Monday looks good. Where are we riding?

:popcorn:

Nox?

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Haven't been on the bike in 8 weeks and still set a new PR today at Town Run. :fuckyeah:Image

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

coogles wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:00 pm Haven't been on the bike in 8 weeks and still set a new PR today at Town Run. :fuckyeah:Image

:fuckyeah:

I love that bike, man.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:00 pm Haven't been on the bike in 8 weeks and still set a new PR today at Town Run. :fuckyeah:Image

When you getting clip in pedals bruv? You'll set more PR's with them.
Johnny_P

It's funny how alien my road bike feels. Sram shifters feel like lightning compared to the Shimano ones that hardly register in the pedals and feel like they take forever to execute. Hoods are different. Bars are different, different widths and drops that aren't flat enough and don't flare like the cross bike's do.

It's creaking. I think it's the seatpost/rails. But I can't back them off at all because it'll slip. So creak is life? :rolleyes:

Also legit getting numbness in my hands now, across all bikes. Less so on the MTB but the road and cross both make my fingers tingle and go numb.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:13 pm It's funny how alien my road bike feels. Sram shifters feel like lightning compared to the Shimano ones that hardly register in the pedals and feel like they take forever to execute. Hoods are different. Bars are different, different widths and drops that aren't flat enough and don't flare like the cross bike's do.

It's creaking. I think it's the seatpost/rails. But I can't back them off at all because it'll slip. So creak is life? :rolleyes:

Also legit getting numbness in my hands now, across all bikes. Less so on the MTB but the road and cross both make my fingers tingle and go numb.
Either you’ve got nerve issues or your core is weak and you’re putting too much weight on your hands.
Prob core. I try and reduce weight on my hands as much as I can. But I’m probably being lazy. The cross bike makes sense with the vibrations from knobby tires and off road use. The roadie doesn’t. I think I’m too stretched out on it but can’t go shorter on the stem because the handling goes whack.

Ugh. I prob need a 56? And a shitload of headset spacers.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote::fuckyeah:

When you getting clip in pedals bruv? You'll set more PR's with them.
I know I should, but I'm too big of a :pussy: for clipless pedals on the mtb. Might try it eventually.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:

I love that bike, man.
Thanks! I do too, it's a total riot. Hopefully I'll be able to get it out a lot more the rest of this season.

Johnny_P

What's everyone's forward lighting situation on the bike? I need to upgrade this year, I can easily outrun my 700 lumen LED. Want helmet and bar combo.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am What's everyone's forward lighting situation on the bike? I need to upgrade this year, I can easily outrun my 700 lumen LED. Want helmet and bar combo.
I'm a cheap bastage so... spending money on lights I barely use is something I don't do. I just don't ride at night.

I just picked up these for daily use, though: https://www.rei.com/product/125255/cygo ... -light-set

Very happy with them so far, much better than the Bontrager Flare and Ember lights I was using. Brighter, rechargeable, and just as easy to strap on. :hue:

Based on my experience, I'd look at the rest of the Cygolite lineup, though. If their bottom-end lights are this nice, I'd really like to sample their higher-end stuff.
Ah. Those are like path lights. That would work for the roadie I guess. I wanna ride dirt like a moran doe. Belmont is fun and scary at night, and pizza ride will continue for another month or two, will be dark halfway through the ride so lights are necessary.

Currently have a 700 lumen Jetlites LED jawn that I have never really been happy with. Has a dull spot in the center of the beam, awkward size battery that can't mount to the frame anywhere, and extra long cord for reasons. Plus Jetlites is dead now, so there's that.

Thinking of Gloworm lights:
https://www.action-led-lights.com/colle ... orm-lights

Something like an X2 helmet and Alpha bars. Def need something on the bars, having a light only on your helmet works for seeing through turns and seeing where your face is pointed, but it doesn't throw any shadows, so it's hard to judge obstacles. These are half the price of the super expensive and class leading Lupine lights from Germany.
Johnny_P

My rear light is the cygolite hotrod :doe: and I like it.
Apex

Handzer picked up some ridiculous lights a month or two ago. :iono: I don't have any :troywax: for bike lights.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:54 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:37 am

Ah. Those are like path lights. That would work for the roadie I guess. I wanna ride dirt like a moran doe. Belmont is fun and scary at night, and pizza ride will continue for another month or two, will be dark halfway through the ride so lights are necessary.

Currently have a 700 lumen Jetlites LED jawn that I have never really been happy with. Has a dull spot in the center of the beam, awkward size battery that can't mount to the frame anywhere, and extra long cord for reasons. Plus Jetlites is dead now, so there's that.

Thinking of Gloworm lights:
https://www.action-led-lights.com/colle ... orm-lights

Something like an X2 helmet and Alpha bars. Def need something on the bars, having a light only on your helmet works for seeing through turns and seeing where your face is pointed, but it doesn't throw any shadows, so it's hard to judge obstacles. These are half the price of the super expensive and class leading Lupine lights from Germany.
Yeah, I run lights at all times on the road bike. Extra visibility never hurts.
I've usually got the rear blinker on when I'm doing a road ride, unless I'm in a group.
Johnny_P

I am ready to pull my fucking hair out over bike wheels.

New tire on the crosser. Can't seat the bead. Using the stock All City poverty non-tubeless wheelset, and the WTB Nano is tubeless ready meaning it has a UST bead measurement. I rode it last weekend and while I didn't get any flats or anything, and it stayed on relatively well, there is a notable thump feeling every revolution from where the bead isn't on the rim correctly.

:fshitup:

So I was this close :jalepenis: to ordering a new wheelset from Nox Composites. US company, Jhiina rams, with some White Industries hubs. $1500. Reasonable for what it is. Then read about how the Nox wheels use a rim diameter similar to Stan's. And WTB tires DO NOT work on Stan's rims because the rim is slightly larger than normal for ghetto tubeless setup, whereas a UST bead is ever so slightly smaller diameter than normal for tight sealing. So they're not compatible.

So scrap that idea. Now what.

Velomine has HED Belgium rams (very good) and Sram 900 hubset (no idea, apparently decent) for $539.
Quote for a custom wheelset from LBS was WTB KOM rams (MTB wheels, decent) and DT 350 hubs (solid) for $828.

Comparable weight. WTB rims will be UST though so I have no idea if that limits your tire choices. If I cut another Nano I'll be looking elsewhere for tires... limiting myself to one company buh-lows.

Go with the HEDs?
Johnny_P

Read about some blowoffs with the HED Belgiums so skipped those.

Placed an order with Prowheelbuilder for Bitex hubs (silver), 32 hole WTB KOM i21 rams (21mm internal), Sapim Laser spokes and brass nipples. $500 shipped, 1600 grams.

Hubs are kind of not blingy but used across many wheel builders with good reviews and easy parts availability. THey have a stainless steel strip in the freehub to prevent the cogs from digging in so that's good too. Rams are among the best for tubeless use. Perfect width. 32 spoke should be near indestructible for what I'll end up using them for.

:iono:

Now to buy new centerlock rotors to go with them. Probably will just transfer the cassette over.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So. Much. Rain. :rage:

Trails are going to be fucked for awhile.

Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:09 pm https://www.cushcore.com/

Interesting.
:notsure: :science: